Safeway Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I worked in retail management for many years but when I applied as Assistant Store Manager, I was offered a Cashier position. HAHA And the interviewer talks more than I do, there were times that she kept talking and all I have to do was listen, yeah just like telling bed stories.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked more than 15 questions in the span of 20mins. About your resume, how you do things, sales volume and figures, Safeway history   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

One interview with the recruiter then a group panel interview with recruiter, hr manager, and market manager. Very basic stuff but they will ask you a few operational question and customer service.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Safeway in August 2013.

Interview

The interview is conducted by 4 people where you are given an Oral Examination. The District HR representative, The District Sales Manager, The Director of Employee Education and a Store Manager. It consists of 7 questions and is graded on a 5 point system. Each question is about store operations. Employee Conflict Resolution, Customer Conflict Resolution, Accurate Book Keeping, Shrink Tracking and Control, Process Benchmarking, Out of Stock control, and Gross Profit. There is also as written exam.

A score is generated from the RLD (retail leadership development) classwork, the written examination, the oral examination and the interview.

This final score determines whether you receive the promotion or not and your starting salary which varies from 37k to 57k.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I went through a 3 month training that ended in an interview. The interview was completely personality based and situational. The HR Manager and Store Manager are generally present for Management interviews. Nothing unusual is asked, but go in prepared with examples of your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have showed integrity in a situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Be prepared, study star format, have good examples of leadership ability

Interview Questions

• Questions on how you built teams/incorporated leadership & planning   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

drug test and if you pass then a personality test, then a face to face interview with store manager, district manager and HR. Many questions were ask about work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

My interview was for interal employees so it will differ in outside employees. i applyed for the job and about week later HR called and asked me to come in for a 250 question personailty test. Took about 45 to 1 hour long. Once i was done i was told they would call me a few days and let me know if i passed it. i was about 30 mins away and they called me and said i passed the test and that a the HR adisor for that store would call me and set up and interview. Two days later i got the interveiw. Asked question about different situions and how did i handle them. they are looking for real life examples when answering their questionn

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handle a disagreement with two fellow coworkers   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiotion its set

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway in November 2007.

Interview

They will interview a large number of candidates and make a decision based on what they see. That is a good company to work for but they are no where near the top of the food chain. It is a good place to network from. Get to know somethings about the grocery business. This type of job demands people who can really communicate verbably, good appearance, great work ethic. Dress like you are going to church or a funeral. Bottom line, good job to start. MAKE SURE YOU CAN SPEAK AND SPEAK ON YOUR FEET.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the most ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Got another job offer before they made me a formal offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

I had to go through a 3 panel then final interview with ROM. I was asked about my work experience and how I could apply it to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult employee and how you handled it   1 Answer