Safeway Bookkeeper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Bookkeeper Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online; got an invitation for a pre-screen interview. During the pre-screen interview I was informed that this is a minimum wage job with varying hours, no less than 20 per week but up to 40. Since the business need varies from store to store, I opted to go to a face-to-face interview. The assistant store manager was very nice and professional, she indicated that she would like to put me to the top of the hiring recommendations to the store manager, but also saw my hesitation due to the lack of consistent hours, wage level (were looking for experience but only paid minimum wage). What really got to me is that if I would have applied as a cashier, I would still not be guaranteed 40 hours a week, but would have a starting wage of more than one dollar more that minimum wage.
After consideration I declined to go further in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example for when you dealt with an 'difficult' customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Called me in. Asked some questions. Got an offer, accepted it, had a drug test completed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage is expected.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially had a call back then was invited to the District Office for my in person interview. I answered basic questions such as "Why would I be good at the job?", "What qualities would I bring to the store," etc.

Interview Questions

• For me all the questions were fairly basic and questions that are routine for employers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Vancouver, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Tough Competition! Seniority of more than 19 years with Safeway trumped my 7 years combined. Safeway is famous for 'Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Everett, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already an employee in the store so it was very informal. The assistant manager called me outside of work to ask if I would be interested in training in bookkeeping and customer service, because they felt I would be a great fit for the position. I actually had prior accounting experience that was on my resume, but he clearly did not even look at my work history since he asked if I had ever done any bookkeeping or accounting. He also informed me that it was the same union I was currently in, which at the time I did not realize was a sly way of saying I would not receive a raise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase