Safeway Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Bremerton, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Called back with in a week for interview. Very easy interview. Asked basic behavioral questions. Called back with in 2 days with offer. I declined for another job

Interview Questions

• How to respond to a difficult customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway in May 2016.

Interview

I first applied online. A few days passed and I got a call from somebody in management setting up a time to come in and interview. I came in for an interview and then was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you have been in at a previous job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Mesa, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was two days of practice in front of a computer with little or no assistance from anyone if you got stuck you had to look for someone to help

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and immediately received a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived and the interview started off well. They seemed to really like my experience and I met with several managers who each seemed to want me in their department.

They told me I was going to start at $8.70 an hour (which is bullcrap) and I hesitantly accepted. Then they leave to go get a drug test for me to take, right then, right there!!!!

I left. I don't like drug tests. And now I don't like Safeway.

Interview Questions

Drug test was going to be performed right there. Not cool. I had a long weekend and was on vacation. So yes: for all you recreational drug users! Safeway does a mouth-swab drug test ON THE SPOT if they hire you. Since then, I have decided to stay clean before I spiraled out of control. However; if they couldn't tell I was high, then what did it matter?! No wonder the lines at Safeway are always so long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called me 4 hours after i applied to set up an interview for the following day.Did the interview questions were pretty easy.Manger said they have 6 more interviews to do. Called me about 3 hours after my interview to tell me they wanted with more experience.But offered me to work there for 3 months without pay for training, I declined

Interview Questions

• If someone came in trying to buy a bday cake what tother hree items would you suggest they bu?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Originally went in for starbucks position inside because of previous experience I was qualified but the managers who interviewed me thought I would be better on the register. So they interviewed me and it was pretty smooth the managers were nice and one even offered me gum. Halfway through interview questions I was given a drug test and passed so the interview stopped and she started to enter my information on ADP so I knew I was hired at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Clackamas, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic questions, I applied in person at a Safeway where a relative works, and that manager sent my application over to a nearby store. I got a call a couple of days later, at which time a face-to-face interview was scheduled. We sat at the Starbucks tables where I was asked some basic questions. The weirdest part was when my interviewer said," We have two openings, and I am offering you the position which pays less....do you want it?" I felt compelled to say yes, even though I was a little taken aback, and I believe if I had turned it down, I might have been offered the higher-paying position, but they use your need for a job to their advantage. Also, there were no questions to get to know me as a person, and I felt from the beginning that it was totally about what I could give them, and nothing about how their company could benefit me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you addressed a difficult situation in the workplace.
      How would your friends or co-workers describe you.
      Why do you want to work for Safeway?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me one position, and I felt it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

was comfortable and pleasant. Not a demanding interview, but easy going and the management where very pleasant. The background check came back quickly, and getting put on schedule happened quickly. I was handed my schedule immediately after the interview, which consisted of 2 training days, done on the computer. This was unsupervised, and was provided in a relax manner.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available? Are you able to get reliable childcare, or do you already have it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I interviewed at Safeway (Frederick, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

ask about responsibilities of job availability describe difficult situation that you handle
    ask for drug test tell about company offer pay rate Scan items and ensure pricing is correct.
    Greet customers and ask if they want paper or plastic.
    Take customers' orders.
    Deliver hot or cold food to customers.
    Take coupons and scan correctly.Scan items and ensure pricing is correct.
    Greet customers and ask if they want paper or plastic.
    Take customers' orders.
    Deliver hot or cold food to customers.
    Take coupons and scan correctly.
    Dispense correct change.
    Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
    More items...
    Dispense correct change.
    Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
    More items...

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

My application took around 2 weeks to process. I got a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me some basic questions regrading about applications. Then I got an one on one interview in person with a hiring manager a week after.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging experience in customer service?   Answer Question