Safeway Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

1.9

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Aberdeen, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out app, and then asked me to return in a week for the interview. I was 10 minutes early for my interview, looked good and was ready, with a very positive attitude. Something was very fishy though, because it seems Apparent that the whole process was a smoke screen to "cover themselves," while hiring a relative, or a friends relative, and making it look like a random hire. There were very good people that simply got looked over, compared to who they hired, a Friends Relative. What a fix! Severely Wasting my and other good people's time and effort!

Interview Questions

• Can you work anytime, any shift.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Bremerton, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Called back with in a week for interview. Very easy interview. Asked basic behavioral questions. Called back with in 2 days with offer. I declined for another job

Interview Questions

• How to respond to a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (SeaTac, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I apply online. I got a call to schedule interview 1 week after. On site interview and drug test. Once you are passed, they will train you and pay you for the training time.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to eat? Show me how to you sell or advertise this product.   Answer Question
    • How do your friends describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had difficulty dealing with other people.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway in May 2016.

Interview

I first applied online. A few days passed and I got a call from somebody in management setting up a time to come in and interview. I came in for an interview and then was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you have been in at a previous job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Mesa, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was two days of practice in front of a computer with little or no assistance from anyone if you got stuck you had to look for someone to help

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and immediately received a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived and the interview started off well. They seemed to really like my experience and I met with several managers who each seemed to want me in their department.

They told me I was going to start at $8.70 an hour (which is bullcrap) and I hesitantly accepted. Then they leave to go get a drug test for me to take, right then, right there!!!!

I left. I don't like drug tests. And now I don't like Safeway.

Interview Questions

Drug test was going to be performed right there. Not cool. I had a long weekend and was on vacation. So yes: for all you recreational drug users! Safeway does a mouth-swab drug test ON THE SPOT if they hire you. Since then, I have decided to stay clean before I spiraled out of control. However; if they couldn't tell I was high, then what did it matter?! No wonder the lines at Safeway are always so long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called me 4 hours after i applied to set up an interview for the following day.Did the interview questions were pretty easy.Manger said they have 6 more interviews to do. Called me about 3 hours after my interview to tell me they wanted with more experience.But offered me to work there for 3 months without pay for training, I declined

Interview Questions

• If someone came in trying to buy a bday cake what tother hree items would you suggest they bu?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Originally went in for starbucks position inside because of previous experience I was qualified but the managers who interviewed me thought I would be better on the register. So they interviewed me and it was pretty smooth the managers were nice and one even offered me gum. Halfway through interview questions I was given a drug test and passed so the interview stopped and she started to enter my information on ADP so I knew I was hired at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Clackamas, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic questions, I applied in person at a Safeway where a relative works, and that manager sent my application over to a nearby store. I got a call a couple of days later, at which time a face-to-face interview was scheduled. We sat at the Starbucks tables where I was asked some basic questions. The weirdest part was when my interviewer said," We have two openings, and I am offering you the position which pays less....do you want it?" I felt compelled to say yes, even though I was a little taken aback, and I believe if I had turned it down, I might have been offered the higher-paying position, but they use your need for a job to their advantage. Also, there were no questions to get to know me as a person, and I felt from the beginning that it was totally about what I could give them, and nothing about how their company could benefit me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you addressed a difficult situation in the workplace.
      How would your friends or co-workers describe you.
      Why do you want to work for Safeway?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me one position, and I felt it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

was comfortable and pleasant. Not a demanding interview, but easy going and the management where very pleasant. The background check came back quickly, and getting put on schedule happened quickly. I was handed my schedule immediately after the interview, which consisted of 2 training days, done on the computer. This was unsupervised, and was provided in a relax manner.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available? Are you able to get reliable childcare, or do you already have it?   1 Answer