Safeway Checker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Checker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in August 2016.

Interview

Transfer. Talked on the phone asked about all my experience and I asked about pay and wanted to know my pay. He didn't know how much with all of my experience and years I have in plus they just went union

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Berkeley, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Login to Safeway.com and fill out online application; choose store location, wait for a call back. At same time, go to desired work location, and introduce yourself to Store Manager, (have resume available).

Interview Questions

• Past experience, future goals, very standard interview.   1 Answer

Checker Interview

Interview

It was an interview with the manager. He asked to talk about my work history. Then he went on to asking about my work life and school life balance and if I am able to handle it.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone interview. I guess they were desperate for a cashier so after the quick phone interview they hired me on the spot. I completed the online application and received the phone call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working for safeway?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Queen Creek, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Takes about a week the call you in for an interview. They ask what your future goals are. Than they drug test you. Takes about a week to hear back than you start training. They only give you a 2 day training than they put you on a register. It will take you about two weeks to get used to it cause you gotta learn all these codes for vegs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Saratoga, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was very low key. Typical questions. Scenario questions (which were very weird in my opinion). They called me 3 weeks after the interview and made an appointment for another interview. The interview was exactly the same. Same stupid scenario questions. I got hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• "If someone bought a cake, what are some things that you would recommend them to buy?"
      I had NO idea what they meant. The only thing I could think about was how the question made no sense to me. Literally a 30 second pause of me filling the silence with "hmm" and "um". Very embarrassing. They had to tell me the answer.   1 Answer

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in June 2014.

Interview

It took about 10-15 minutes, most questions were pretty straight forward. They asked about my employment history, and what I would do or respond in a few different scenarios that are job-related.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward process. I submitted a written application, and was called for an interview, about two weeks later. I met with two managers; 15 minutes of back and forth. They said they'd be in contact, soon. I was called in for a second interview about a week later, with one more evening manager.

Interview Questions

Wanted me to work graveyard at 24-Hr location.

Anonymous Employee in Colville, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Colville, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

They lost my application for a month, then there was basically no interview. They just jumped in and assumed that I was accepting the job that they had not technically offered me yet.

Negotiation

Convincing me that everyone disliked the union, but it was a necessary evil.

Anonymous Employee in Guerneville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Guerneville, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick and breif. I was 15 minutes late. It was due to my poop dog who is really old and takes up my time sometimes. I'm retired and don't really need to work, I've owned 2 of my own business's and if I had an interviewee come to their interview late that would have given me pause or at least ideas ask Why! Well, not my interview, wasn't even mentioned until I was told I was hired right there on the Spot. I mentioned it because I was surprised I was hired especially being late. U was told "No big deal"