Safeway Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief. they asked a couple of behavioral questions and competency question. Overall the manager was congenial and everything went well. I chose not to pursue the job further.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Horrible horrible experience, Beyond unprofessional. They told me I had an interview at 1:30 p.m. I arrived at 1:20 p.m. they called for the interviewer to let them know I had arrived. I waited for over an hour and 20 minutes for no interviewer to show up. Finally the assistant manager came up to talk to me. The manager informed me that the interviewer went home early hours ago, accused me of being 5 hours late (I know for a fact she said 1:30 p.m.) then told me that I had confirmation emails and confirmations voicemail stating the time and date of the interview; those are blatant lies and I had no emails and no voicemails from them. I tried to show the manager the lack of email. He didn't want to listen to me. And the resume I had brought was crumpled up behind the counter. Huge waste of my gas and time (not only the time waiting buy also the hours of research the company and position). Makes me not even want to shop here anymore.
    So rude and inappropriate not just the unjustly waiting time for no interviewer but also by the assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

My interview was pretty easy going. I came into store and asked if they were hiring and was interviewed in customer service room right then and there. Then took drug test and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

hired on the spot. easy interview. easy to get your foot in the door and move up. The hiring manager is usually just a head clerk so they can relate to you better than a store manager. It was very laid back and would say that almost anyone could easily get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Filled out an application online, called to speak with the hiring manger. He said he'd call me back or email me, I haven't heard from him since. I wonder what's going on.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Auburn, CA).

Interview

I applied online and called me for an interview the next week. Interview was pretty easy. I probably answered some questions awkwardly but got the job regardless. Hiring manager was really funny and kind. I only worked there for a few weeks. They were a bit disorganized and some coworkers were unfriendly

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process started out at a 'job fair' event that was sort of like a pre-screening for all those interested. The interviewers at my store were managers & HR and they were very personable and straight-forward.

Most of the questions were behavioral and situational so just be sure you come in ready with good responses in mind. There were two stages of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and ask you "where do you all keep the birthday cakes?" what are some recommendations you might make to improve his/her experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. Had general questions like what are your goals. My interviewer also read the intend of the questions off the page so the interview seemed more natural. They suggested I apply to cashier because the pay had a higher cap so it had the most future potential. It's better to turn this down so that you don't receive checker training, that way you can do the job you want and not get pulled away to check when they have lines.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell my favorite food item to them by describing why it was good.   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The whole process was fairly simple. They asked pretty basic questions about my skills and such. They were nice and easygoing I liked it cool nice fun easy nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you worked wel under pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was super nice and the interview process went very smoothly. Overall, I had a wonderful experience so far. The process took approximately 2 weeks. I received a phone call to come in for an interview. Afterwards, I was hired and sent to training a couple days later. Working within a week.