Safeway Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.8

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Very relaxed. Was asked only 2 brief questions, and I answered in a very conversational tone, which the manager seemed to like. Manager was very friendly, and made the whole situation stress free.

Interview Questions

• Who is one person that you had a tough time dealing with, and how did you handle him/her?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick covering various behavioral questions. We discussed several scenarios and how to address them. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to get along with the rest of the staff

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Fairly Simple, Only a few questions about background, work experience. If you have fair communication you will get the job most likely. Just make sure you are clean and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief. they asked a couple of behavioral questions and competency question. Overall the manager was congenial and everything went well. I chose not to pursue the job further.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Horrible horrible experience, Beyond unprofessional. They told me I had an interview at 1:30 p.m. I arrived at 1:20 p.m. they called for the interviewer to let them know I had arrived. I waited for over an hour and 20 minutes for no interviewer to show up. Finally the assistant manager came up to talk to me. The manager informed me that the interviewer went home early hours ago, accused me of being 5 hours late (I know for a fact she said 1:30 p.m.) then told me that I had confirmation emails and confirmations voicemail stating the time and date of the interview; those are blatant lies and I had no emails and no voicemails from them. I tried to show the manager the lack of email. He didn't want to listen to me. And the resume I had brought was crumpled up behind the counter. Huge waste of my gas and time (not only the time waiting buy also the hours of research the company and position). Makes me not even want to shop here anymore.
    So rude and inappropriate not just the unjustly waiting time for no interviewer but also by the assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

My interview was pretty easy going. I came into store and asked if they were hiring and was interviewed in customer service room right then and there. Then took drug test and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

hired on the spot. easy interview. easy to get your foot in the door and move up. The hiring manager is usually just a head clerk so they can relate to you better than a store manager. It was very laid back and would say that almost anyone could easily get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Filled out an application online, called to speak with the hiring manger. He said he'd call me back or email me, I haven't heard from him since. I wonder what's going on.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Auburn, CA).

Interview

I applied online and called me for an interview the next week. Interview was pretty easy. I probably answered some questions awkwardly but got the job regardless. Hiring manager was really funny and kind. I only worked there for a few weeks. They were a bit disorganized and some coworkers were unfriendly

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process started out at a 'job fair' event that was sort of like a pre-screening for all those interested. The interviewers at my store were managers & HR and they were very personable and straight-forward.

Most of the questions were behavioral and situational so just be sure you come in ready with good responses in mind. There were two stages of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and ask you "where do you all keep the birthday cakes?" what are some recommendations you might make to improve his/her experience?   Answer Question