Safeway Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Lacey, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interview at safeway they lady was nice and aaked me the beaic questions she said she would call me on tuesday which was a week from them to let me know i didnt hear from her until the following tuesday to ask me if i was still looking for a job and i said yes iam suppost to go in and do paperwork on tuesday does anyone know what paperwork it is? And do they do background checks before they call you and tell you to come in for papers?

Interview Questions

• If someone was buying a cake name 3 items you would suggest   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very informal with outdated questions. Felt the interviewer was done for the day, but she had been going through several people before me. Didn't have a good feel that she listened to my qualifications. Of course this was a large hiring and I think they were just looking for warm bodies to get through store opening.

Interview Questions

• If someone bought a cake, what would I recommend them to buy with it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA

Interview

The interviewer ask some basic and easy questions.He write down what I told some basic information it took 30 to 40 mins including work done on computer,He told right away I'm hiring you.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Got called in after applying online 3 days before. Sat down with a hiring rep at my local Safeway and answered some basic questions. My only problem was that they don't really have a clear idea of the hours that you will work, and they push you to extend your "preferred hours" in order to be able to schedule you as they please.

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (North Bend, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

They put me in produce... And I hated it but now I'm checking and work over at the Safe ways gas station. Sometimes I don't like to be moved around, just want to be put on one stop

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

I applied online, got called in, they asked me some questions about customer service and past jobs, they said they'd call me in a few days, they called about a week later, I went it and did some stuff online, took an oral drug test and the next day I came in for training (paid), training was done on computer took three days, got my schedule after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy, sat and talked with the hiring manager and it seemed like she wanted to hire me from the start ( despite my purple hair at the time ). I was drug tested on the spot, then she had me fill out paper work and do some on the computer then she told me about the orientation and when and where it will be.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Very informal, was held in a room with other employees, kept getting interrupted by other employees. The room was small and dingy. The employee lounge was depressing. Get prepared to be interrupted during the process - remember this was a pre-screening only, so maybe this kind of process is to be somewhat expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Safeway?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your short term goals?   1 Answer
    • How would you manage or deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer.   1 Answer
    • Do you have an idea about how long you will be standing on the floor, and how stressful it can be with serving customers in the deli section?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (San Leandro, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and informal. Interviewer was friendly. Asked the typical questions about standing for 8 hours, lifting stuff, taking out trash, etc. They asked about any criminal background and taking a drug test. (I was never asked to do a drug test.)

Interview Questions

• Asked the typical questions about standing for 8 hours, lifting stuff, taking out trash, etc. They asked about any criminal background and taking a drug test. (I was never asked to do a drug test.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Milwaukie, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Sit down and talk with the hiring manager, they give you the drug test which is a sponge on a stick you put under your tongue for a while and then they ask you a bunch of questions. They ask you why you want to work for them, ask you your past experiences and your skills and what not. I got hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position?   1 Answer