Safeway Food Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2017

1.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Fremont, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

very basic questions. hiring manager was really nice lady. took days to finally get on the real job. i applied online and days after I received a call to make an appointment interview. went there for personal interview, took a drug test and she asked me to come back 2 days after to confirm my work permit..... very basic questions. hiring manager was really nice lady. took days to finally get on the real job.

Interview Questions

• a costumer bought a birthday cake. what are 3 other things you could offer them to buy   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

If you can breathe are proficient in English and pass the electronic background check, you're hired. The process seemed pretty straightforward and simple. The interviewer may steer you to the position they feel you are best suited for rather than the one you want.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Mount Vernon, WA).

Interview

Submitted an application online, Called interviewer a couple of times, Got a job interview, Asked some questions, Did a drug test. Seems like they'd hire just about anyone. Answer the questions honestly.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

This was an easy interview. There's always a drug test. It's only the cotton swab, so if you don't smoke like the morning of then you will be fine. They will ask why you want to work there and will give you various scenarios that you must give a response to. Make sure you are friendly because that's a big part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What else would you suggest to a customer who bought a birthday cake?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Watsonville, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Manager asks your availability, what experience you have, and if you are drug free. Also asks the basic questions they ask you online plus they ask if you are ok with paying the union their due.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

One on one interview, pulled my online application, sat down with the hiring recruiter, gave him my background as previously working at Safeway as a Food Clerk. I answered his questions truthfully and also inquired about being a full-time Food Clerk and he answered no. I asked about the hourly wage and based on my past employment with them I would have to start at minimum wage again because I was gone for more than 3 years which I did not think was right but that's how they play.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in dealing with customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. You either take their offer or walk out and decline the position.

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Bowie, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online, called the store the next day asking for the status of my application, the hiring manager was actually conducting interviews the next day so I made an appointment. When I came in I met with the hiring manager and we had the interview,she offered me the job and told me more about the polices, then I accepted and begin to fill out my paperwork. I was put with someone else who gave me a drug test, ran my background and put me in the system as an employee. I started my training a little under a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to apply here? What can you bring to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Tigard, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process has changed since I was hired because each store does there own hiring for there individuals needs for each store.

Interview Questions

• The policy that you did not agree and how did you get others to have buy in on the policy.   Answer Question

Food Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process took a little long because it was so many people wanting to work and when i got the call i was happy they picked me out of all them people.

Interview Questions

• The Most Difficult question was Out of the all the jobs why Safeway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Ashland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Was very easy one on one interview with hiring manager who asked a series of normal interview questions. what are your skills. why do you want this job. this is what the position entitles

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none