Safeway Head Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Davis, CA).

Interview

manager calls you for an interview, discussed background, strengths, weaknesses why you want to work there, pretty basic stuff. nothing to hard, just be smiling and have a good attitude, and you'll be offered a job. which i was

Interview Questions

• tell me about your strengths.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Salinas, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was sent an email after applying through the online application. Very in depth questions to assess managerial skills, knowledge, and contributions to the company. I went to two interviews and a couple of phone calls in between. The first interview reviewed my employment history and goals with Safeway. The phone calls were for potential store locations and positions. The final interview was with the HR Person and the District Manager and reviewed the first interview results and a job offer. Took about 2 weeks from application to starting work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult employee situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Safeway?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Test your knowledge on store policy and procedures. Ask what you do if there is a corporate store visit. Ask how you would handle a difficult customer. Test your knowledge on food safety.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer ordered a deli tray, comes to pick it up, and the deli tray was not made?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2009.

Interview

Internal Interview. Had to pass a service expectation and meet minimum qualifications. Interviews were set up by our district hr representative. All communications went through the store manager. The interview was done in front of three people. They took turns on reading questions from a preset list of questions. At the end they offered any questions about the interview or job at hand.

Interview Questions

• You have been given several tasks. Several of them include facing the dairy department, Scanning Out of Stocks and handling a class one recall. Which of these do you do first and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiating was offered during the interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

A monkey would pass the interview and get the job.

Interview Questions

• what would you do when a customer asks you for an item and you don't know where this item is?   1 Answer