Safeway Interview Questions in Honolulu, HI | Glassdoor

Safeway Interview Questions in Honolulu, HI

2.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and immediately received a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived and the interview started off well. They seemed to really like my experience and I met with several managers who each seemed to want me in their department.

They told me I was going to start at $8.70 an hour (which is bullcrap) and I hesitantly accepted. Then they leave to go get a drug test for me to take, right then, right there!!!!

I left. I don't like drug tests. And now I don't like Safeway.

Interview Questions

Drug test was going to be performed right there. Not cool. I had a long weekend and was on vacation. So yes: for all you recreational drug users! Safeway does a mouth-swab drug test ON THE SPOT if they hire you. Since then, I have decided to stay clean before I spiraled out of control. However; if they couldn't tell I was high, then what did it matter?! No wonder the lines at Safeway are always so long.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by the hiring recruiters in Pleasanton, California to schedule a pre screening telephone interview. The telephone interview was pretty simple a couple situational questions and a couple of calculation questions. We also talked about availability, willingness to travel and any certifications I hold.

I was contacted by another person from the HQ to take a math and personality assessment. The calculations were easy for me since I really love math, especially pharmacy calculations.

I was contacted a couple days after that to schedule an interview and just had my interview today. I arrived early and it seemed as if the pharmacy manager had no idea that she had an interview scheduled today. She did tell me that I was her last interview and seemed in a rush to get it over with.

She asked me questions from a packet and had no follow up questions for me, neither did she ask me if I had any questions for her. She also left the interview a couple times because I don't think there was another pharmacist on duty to cover while she did the interview. It kind of seemed like she had already knew who she wanted to hire and was just interviewing me for the heck of it.

She went on telling me about how Safeway is in a union and the pharm techs get paid 9 something an hour since they're in the union and kind of making me feel like the job wasn't too great anyway. Especially because they have to pay an initiation fee of 500$ after working for 3 months.

I went home and told my husband that I'd rather work in a gelato shop than at a Safeway pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you do to make sure expired meds are taken care of?   Answer Question
    • Questions about insurance   Answer Question
    • One of your co workers call in sick leaving just you and the pharmacist. How do you prioritize the tasks that need to be done and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an upset patient?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Honolulu, HI) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager, one on one
    Took a math test, a very basic one. It consisted of simple addition and subtraction equations
    This store manager was very easy going which made the interviewing process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer