Safeway Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Intern Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Received a call from HR. Did phone interview with HR. After passing that onsite interview with hiring manager. Two people interviewed, mainly asked behavioral questions. Few technical questions, just to see your thinking process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

- Initially I completed an application online, then I received a phone call from a director some time afterwards. It was a relatively simple call--she asked me why I was interested in Safeway and my position specifically. I was taken off-guard because she called me at an inconvenient time, but I tried to answer as well as I could.
    - I was then put into contact with HR, who scheduled me with a group interview with the director and a manager the week after. This was more personality-based, asking me how I work with people, how I communicate, etc.
    - I received a phone call approximately two weeks later, offering me an internship position. My formal offer later came a few days later, at which point I was asked to complete a drug screening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an intern there was no room for pay negotiation. However, my internship was set back a week to accommodate for my school's quarter system schedule, with no issues whatsoever.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and unexpectedly got a response about a month after for a phone interview. I did not hear from them for a week so I talked to the same recruiter, who happened to be at the career fair the following week. I introduced myself and asked about my application. The recruiter said my application was sent in for the next round, but that is the last I heard from them.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I did not go through the formal interview process, I networked with colleagues and I met with the manager who hired me shortly after that. I recommend networking as best you can to find a position like this versus applying online.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed on phone with recruiter and hiring manager. Got call for in person interview where I was asked 7 behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations at all.