Safeway Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

330 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Very simple. Interviewer was store manager and just asked generic interview questions (just read them off the paper). Asked about a page worth of generic questions and hired me on the spot. Proceeded with the drug test.

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Was quick, few question. Was told I could be a courtesy clerk and possibly move up to Starbucks but chose not to take the job was administered a drug test mouth swab on the spot. Also was told they were going to run a background check.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

I applied online, took about a month and I got a call to come over for an interview. Interview was in a small security room, was pretty simple and straight forward. The entire process was probably ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked how I would handle mopping everyday.   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

One on one, sitting in the Starbucks seating area. It was very laid back, I came in early so I sat for a little bit. She asked me a few questions, and it seemed like she already had her mind made up.

Interview Questions

• If someone came into the store to buy a birthday cake, what are three other items you would suggest for them to get?   4 Answers

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

They asked me about my experience and about customer service. They sat me down for questions and I was offered the position in the spot. The interviewers were friendly and asked the typical what are your strengths and weakness questions. I would expect anyone going for a job at Safeway to get it because they always need positions filled

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Went upstairs to lunch area watched modules answered questions got mouth swabbed for drug test passed started working the next week was given black t shirt hat name tag apron locker no lock employee handbook manager was nice got transferred to another location the store was changing its name to Safeway was originally Albertsons

Interview Questions

• The real reason you left your last job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

*She went over job responsibilities, bringing carts and baskets to designated area
    -bagging stuff
    -helping visually or disabled customers
    *Then she went over the Dress code it's almost casual which is really cool!
    *She then asked me a few questions nothing crazy, told me right there I was hired and she'd call me to come in for online training for 4-6 hours!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for safeway?   2 Answers
    • If a customer came in to buy a birthday cake what are three other items you would suggest for them to pick up?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time when you had to had to take over someone's shift and how did you handle it?   2 Answers

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in September 2017.

Interview

Didn't get into the interview process. Only pay 9.50 an hour. No form of communication besides through this site. Although I do appreciate how easy they make it to apply for a job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take an on site drug test?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway in September 2017.

Interview

I went in and my interviewer seemed very uninterested in my presence and like I was wasting my time. I'm honestly very qualified for the position even though I have no true work experience because of my volunteer experience and professional training. I was treated like I was a bother.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safeway in August 2017.

Interview

I was called in for a same day interview. The questions I was asked were about my retail and up selling experience and my personal hobbies and home life. And the usual availabilities questions. I enjoyed the interviewer. She was,a very pleasant person.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the customer service industry?   1 Answer