Safeway Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

1.7

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Very quick and nice. Great place to work. They got back to me pretty quickly after applying online and checked to see if I would be happy doing what I was going to do for them. I spent my first few work years at Safeway and they were great

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about how well you work with others and your attitude towards the company   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (San Ramon, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was easy. I wanted to work at my local Safeway, applied online, and within a few days I got an email from someone in hiring. I called, and she called back within an hour or two.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for an example of how I worked well in a team.   1 Answer
    • They asked for an example of where I'd provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick covering various behavioral questions. We discussed several scenarios and how to address them. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to get along with the rest of the staff

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Fairly Simple, Only a few questions about background, work experience. If you have fair communication you will get the job most likely. Just make sure you are clean and you'll be fine.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Lacey, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interview at safeway they lady was nice and aaked me the beaic questions she said she would call me on tuesday which was a week from them to let me know i didnt hear from her until the following tuesday to ask me if i was still looking for a job and i said yes iam suppost to go in and do paperwork on tuesday does anyone know what paperwork it is? And do they do background checks before they call you and tell you to come in for papers?

Interview Questions

• If someone was buying a cake name 3 items you would suggest   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief. they asked a couple of behavioral questions and competency question. Overall the manager was congenial and everything went well. I chose not to pursue the job further.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Horrible horrible experience, Beyond unprofessional. They told me I had an interview at 1:30 p.m. I arrived at 1:20 p.m. they called for the interviewer to let them know I had arrived. I waited for over an hour and 20 minutes for no interviewer to show up. Finally the assistant manager came up to talk to me. The manager informed me that the interviewer went home early hours ago, accused me of being 5 hours late (I know for a fact she said 1:30 p.m.) then told me that I had confirmation emails and confirmations voicemail stating the time and date of the interview; those are blatant lies and I had no emails and no voicemails from them. I tried to show the manager the lack of email. He didn't want to listen to me. And the resume I had brought was crumpled up behind the counter. Huge waste of my gas and time (not only the time waiting buy also the hours of research the company and position). Makes me not even want to shop here anymore.
    So rude and inappropriate not just the unjustly waiting time for no interviewer but also by the assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

My interview was pretty easy going. I came into store and asked if they were hiring and was interviewed in customer service room right then and there. Then took drug test and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

hired on the spot. easy interview. easy to get your foot in the door and move up. The hiring manager is usually just a head clerk so they can relate to you better than a store manager. It was very laid back and would say that almost anyone could easily get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Filled out an application online, called to speak with the hiring manger. He said he'd call me back or email me, I haven't heard from him since. I wonder what's going on.