Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Benicia, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewer asked multiple questions standard to any job application like willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, etc. Then lastly described union membership, food prep certification on job training, hours as part time and wages as $10/hr.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Rockville, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, after 3 days they called me for a phone interview then a week later they schedule me for a personal interview, it was a nice experience overall.

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very Cool. Interesting. When a customer complains about how long they had to wait, which can sometimes happen when there is not enough people working, how would you handle talking to this customer?

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Questions. Are you willing to work weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts? Tell me about a time that you resolved an issue for an unhappy customer. Do you multitask well? Can you keep up in a face paced work environment? Can you lift heavy objects? Are you willing to participate in charity community functions with other store associates on your free time? What is your definition of happy and healthy? How can you use your past experiences to benefit you in this new environment?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Auburn, CA).

Interview

I applied online and called me for an interview the next week. Interview was pretty easy. I probably answered some questions awkwardly but got the job regardless. Hiring manager was really funny and kind. I only worked there for a few weeks. They were a bit disorganized and some coworkers were unfriendly

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Bremerton, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Called back with in a week for interview. Very easy interview. Asked basic behavioral questions. Called back with in 2 days with offer. I declined for another job

Interview Questions

• How to respond to a difficult customer   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a long interview where they ask you various questions on your past experience, education and analytical thinking. The interview could take between 30-60 minutes and they will let you know about their decision the same day.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your previous job that you can bring to the position you've applied for?   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and standard. It is important to first fill out the online application, as it is required in order to move forward. Safeway does have grooming and uniform guidelines that the hiring manager will go over with you in the prescreen phone interview, they also drug screen and background check. The interview style is one-on-one and very low pressure. It a great experience for someone who doesn't have very much experience interviewing or has anxiety.

Interview Questions

• The first question was, "Why do you want to work for Safeway?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Eldersburg, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It took a while for the manager to show up it was scary. They did a drug test and then I was hired and went to put information on the computer then I got the job and started to train.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process started out at a 'job fair' event that was sort of like a pre-screening for all those interested. The interviewers at my store were managers & HR and they were very personable and straight-forward.

Most of the questions were behavioral and situational so just be sure you come in ready with good responses in mind. There were two stages of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and ask you "where do you all keep the birthday cakes?" what are some recommendations you might make to improve his/her experience?   Answer Question

Baker's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Rockville, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I waited for a few minutes, and then I was taken into the manager's office where I was interviewed. It went well and smooth, she was very friendly and nice.