Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.1

Grocery Third Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marana, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Marana, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very seldom, I was greeted and then invited into the interview room. It went surprisingly well. I'm a horrible interviewer. But I seemed to do quite well. I was offered the job on spot actually.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualify for this position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Bel Air, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick, Friendly, also had a lot of miss informed information. Was told how rude the manager was, but not to the point he shouldn't be working there. One manager named Matt was really nice though.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter and did my phone interview. Overall, very relaxed interview session. The interviewer was encouraging. But was slow in replying to emails (would differ depending on who your recruiter is).

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 impt aspects of patient care?
      Why Safeway?
      What do you see yourself doing in the future?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick covering various behavioral questions. We discussed several scenarios and how to address them. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to get along with the rest of the staff

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Lynnwood, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Walkin, unexpected interview. I saw the sign on the door, after I got off the bus, and said, well, I might as well see what they have as opening, since I was recovering from surgery, and couldn't use my right arm, yet. I knew I couldn't use my right arm, yet, for another, couple of months, and was desperate for another, job, but being disabled, and homeless, I thought I might see if they had any positions for a one armed person. Of course I immediately was shoved into an interview for a BAKER, who needed to shuffle 50 pound bags of flour etc, all day. NOT something I could do. NOW will this thing let me exit? I have to get to my part time job.

Interview Questions

• the "difficult person, and how did you handle it". As I was not expecting an interview, I was not prepared   2 Answers

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Was notified by email to attend interview. All went well, lots of paperwork. They have me meet human resources, take drug test, fill out all form including direct deposit etc. I figure I'm hired. No, I need to take physical exam. It'll be a week before I can get scheduled. I do that finally, take the exam, pass no problem. I call HR, they say that they'll let me know. A few days go by, I keep calling, emailing. Finally I get a letter in snail mail saying the position is filled. No explanation. Not sure why they wasted all my time and theirs?

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Lynnwood, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

very easy. just walked in to turn in my resume and they asked me if I wanted to interview on the spot. I wasn't ready because I didn't know it was going to happen at that time. But it was easy and went by like a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Burlingame, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview, did an oral drug test and was offered the position depending on drug test outcome. Chatted with the interviewer for a few minutes about social issues, nothing drastic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Safeway?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, King, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Greenwood, King, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application,(highly recommend phoning in to follow up a day after).
    Recieved a call back.
    Scheduled,interview
    Mentioned prior retail experience (if none don't worry just show you are fine talking to people/charismatic

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Fairly Simple, Only a few questions about background, work experience. If you have fair communication you will get the job most likely. Just make sure you are clean and you'll be fine.