Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Applied for Casher and Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Silverdale, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I ended up getting courtesy clerk because they already filled up the other job spots, and they offered me gas station attendant in the near future, but i found out they were offering everyone that as well. They told me took keep an eye out for job openings in case of promotions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First there's some assessment tests requiring you to write a letter based on a call and navigating the internet. Then you meet with management (1-2 people) for a formal interview. A lot of situational questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time at work when I couldn't get what I needed and the job had to be done?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was courteous, not necessarily the most responsive. She asked very typical questions. If you have any experience with interviews and aren't incompetent, then it should be pretty easy and straightforward. Other than that, all the questions could be found on other Glassdoor reviews of Safeway.

Interview Questions

• Q: If a customer was buying a birthday cake what three items would you recommend to them?   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for Bakery Clerk but to my surprise the position was no longer available and they were interested in interviewing me for another position! I had a call where they left a voice mail and I contacted them the next day and we set up an appointment for me to come in for a one on one interview. It was very relaxed and just answering standard questions, why I'm interested in working there, what my goals are, explaining why I would be a good fit etc. I ended up being hired through the questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you resolved conflict with a customer or peers in the past   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. Had general questions like what are your goals. My interviewer also read the intend of the questions off the page so the interview seemed more natural. They suggested I apply to cashier because the pay had a higher cap so it had the most future potential. It's better to turn this down so that you don't receive checker training, that way you can do the job you want and not get pulled away to check when they have lines.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell my favorite food item to them by describing why it was good.   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA

Interview

The interviewer ask some basic and easy questions.He write down what I told some basic information it took 30 to 40 mins including work done on computer,He told right away I'm hiring you.

Finance Interview

Interview

For Corporate they have a standard packet that they go through. There were some communication questions and some technical questions. It will take about an hour to go through everything.

Interview Questions

• How does this position fit into your overall goals   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The whole process was fairly simple. They asked pretty basic questions about my skills and such. They were nice and easygoing I liked it cool nice fun easy nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you worked wel under pressure?   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in August 2016.

Interview

Transfer. Talked on the phone asked about all my experience and I asked about pay and wanted to know my pay. He didn't know how much with all of my experience and years I have in plus they just went union

Fuel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Denver, CO).

Interview

fill out normal paperwork. Listen to some simple questions from Managers. Low level drug screen. The store has very high turnover and was looking for someone who can fog a mirror and operate the register.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been fired? How do you handle disagreements with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.