Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.1

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Auburn, CA).

Interview

I applied online and called me for an interview the next week. Interview was pretty easy. I probably answered some questions awkwardly but got the job regardless. Hiring manager was really funny and kind. I only worked there for a few weeks. They were a bit disorganized and some coworkers were unfriendly

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Bremerton, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Called back with in a week for interview. Very easy interview. Asked basic behavioral questions. Called back with in 2 days with offer. I declined for another job

Interview Questions

• How to respond to a difficult customer   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a long interview where they ask you various questions on your past experience, education and analytical thinking. The interview could take between 30-60 minutes and they will let you know about their decision the same day.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your previous job that you can bring to the position you've applied for?   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and standard. It is important to first fill out the online application, as it is required in order to move forward. Safeway does have grooming and uniform guidelines that the hiring manager will go over with you in the prescreen phone interview, they also drug screen and background check. The interview style is one-on-one and very low pressure. It a great experience for someone who doesn't have very much experience interviewing or has anxiety.

Interview Questions

• The first question was, "Why do you want to work for Safeway?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Eldersburg, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

It took a while for the manager to show up it was scary. They did a drug test and then I was hired and went to put information on the computer then I got the job and started to train.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process started out at a 'job fair' event that was sort of like a pre-screening for all those interested. The interviewers at my store were managers & HR and they were very personable and straight-forward.

Most of the questions were behavioral and situational so just be sure you come in ready with good responses in mind. There were two stages of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and ask you "where do you all keep the birthday cakes?" what are some recommendations you might make to improve his/her experience?   Answer Question

Baker's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Rockville, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I waited for a few minutes, and then I was taken into the manager's office where I was interviewed. It went well and smooth, she was very friendly and nice.

Applied for Casher and Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Silverdale, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I ended up getting courtesy clerk because they already filled up the other job spots, and they offered me gas station attendant in the near future, but i found out they were offering everyone that as well. They told me took keep an eye out for job openings in case of promotions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First there's some assessment tests requiring you to write a letter based on a call and navigating the internet. Then you meet with management (1-2 people) for a formal interview. A lot of situational questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time at work when I couldn't get what I needed and the job had to be done?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was courteous, not necessarily the most responsive. She asked very typical questions. If you have any experience with interviews and aren't incompetent, then it should be pretty easy and straightforward. Other than that, all the questions could be found on other Glassdoor reviews of Safeway.

Interview Questions

• Q: If a customer was buying a birthday cake what three items would you recommend to them?   Answer Question