Safeway Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, professional, personable. Why do we have to keep doing this on Glassdoor just to look for jobs. This is a silly process and waste of a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made and what did you do to resolve it.   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with the HR, mostly behavioral questions. Then the HR set a phone interview with the hiring manager within 1 week. The interview with the hiring manager took about 1 hour and it was mostly scientific.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview with HR Managers on a panel. Questions had many layers to them, it was difficult to cover every point they orginally asked per question. If you missed a part of that they would ask that specific portion again. I recommend to take the opportunity to share your biggest accomplishments in the introduction or when you close, don't count on that being one of the questions they ask and if you don't get it in there on your own you might not be asked. Definately ask questions at the end, at least 2 or 3.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational   Answer Question
    • Had multiple examples prepared for different situations   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
      Tell us about a time you had to get multiple assignments completed at the same time   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negoitiation. Would not increase offer when asked

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Came in several times asking about open positions. They said there were open positions and to come back when this specific manager was around. So I did. Talked with two managers about open positions in their office. They offered me a job, I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Skill related questions like if I was good at multitasking. They asked me if I was good at lifting heavy objects. Was I in good physical condition?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for courtesy clerk. Went in for in person interview. Went over resume and availability. Very short and straightforward. very nice team. Immediately after I was filling out paperwork. Hired on the spot.