Safeway Night Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

1.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Rockville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, without much care for really sorting out fitting employees for positions. I had no formal work experience yet I was hired on the spot. I wished to discuss my issues relating to autism but nothing pertaining to disabilities ever came up in the interview.

Interview Questions

• "What were your duties at your last job [a campus job]?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

it was quick easy and painless they called me in sat me down and had short easy talk about if I was the one for the job and if I was picked what would I have to offer the company they where very friendly easy to talk to and understanding

Interview Questions

• how do I feel about working at night have I done it before why am I interested in there can I carry 50 pounds or more with or without a reasonable amount of help   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Madras, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Madras, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Stereotypical interview. Filled out an application online, and followed up in the store a few days later. The background check took a long time for some reason (two weeks, and I have a clean record). Once the background check came back, went in for a drug test (mouth swab) and started a few days later.

Interview Questions

• If you were a pizza, what toppings would you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grass Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Grass Valley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Question when I could start not really a extensive interview process. They drug tested with mouth swab. When they found out my experience and I could work nights it's like nothing else matterd. I just had to wait for my background check and they called me in a week I was working. During interview they already were talking bad about the night crew I was going to join.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic interview - I was given job description along with job skills. I was asked general customer service questions. I first met with the HR person for the interview. Next, I spoke to the store manger.

Interview Questions

• "If a customer was buying a cake what would you suggest that the customer buy?" There was a question about how you work on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It did not really apply to my position.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Very brief interview process as the store was desperate for employees. She asked me a few basic questions about my work history and some random questions about situations I was hypothetically in. The attitude of the interview was very relaxed and straight forward. Took a mouth swab test the same day, passed, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Whats an example of a difficult problem you've faced in a previous job, and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

It's always about who you know. Interview process was fairly simple. It wasn't a formal interview by any standard... I talked with the manager for a little while, and an assistant manager for about 30 minutes and afterwards they had me fill out a paper with some comon interview questions on it. After that it was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question if you can call it that would probably have been
       " Give an example of a time when you settled a workplace dispute"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you get to at least talk with some of the people you're going to be working with before you start so you don't end up having trouble.