Safeway Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.8

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The interview is the easy part, they ask you basic questions about math calculations and how to you would deal with customers, then if you are hired they give you a mouth swab drug test on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Chester, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Chester, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I received an email request for an interview. I met with the Assistant Manager of the store for approximately 30 minutes. He was very kind and we spoke briefly about what I was looking for and what the position required.

Interview Questions

• What was one of my accomplishments in a previous position that made a positive impact on the company?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway in April 2015.

Interview

A pharmacy manager called me in a week after I applied online to have a phone interview. It was about half an hour long about my experience, some situation questions, and some basic pharmacy questions. After that, I got a face-to-face interview in a Safeway store in a week. This interview was also half an hour long and specifically asked for lots of pharmacy technician questions. These questions were mostly asked how I deal with difficult patients and insurance problems. Obviously you have to have at least some pharmacy technician experience to get this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a colleague asked you for help, but you were not able to help them.   Answer Question
    • What are some difficult customers that you have had to deal with? Give an example.   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your duties when you have so many things to do at the same time?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when an insurance company reject a prescription?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took about a month. I got a call from the recruiter and then from the test administrator (in pleasanton CA). There is a short test that needs to be given on the computer. Then a couple of days later I got an interview date. I interviewed with the Pharmacist. She was very nice and it was easy to talk to her. I just got back from the interview so I dont know if I have been offered a job or not. However my interview did go well and the Pharmacist did hint- so fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What are some difficult customers that you have had to deal with. Give an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by the hiring recruiters in Pleasanton, California to schedule a pre screening telephone interview. The telephone interview was pretty simple a couple situational questions and a couple of calculation questions. We also talked about availability, willingness to travel and any certifications I hold.

I was contacted by another person from the HQ to take a math and personality assessment. The calculations were easy for me since I really love math, especially pharmacy calculations.

I was contacted a couple days after that to schedule an interview and just had my interview today. I arrived early and it seemed as if the pharmacy manager had no idea that she had an interview scheduled today. She did tell me that I was her last interview and seemed in a rush to get it over with.

She asked me questions from a packet and had no follow up questions for me, neither did she ask me if I had any questions for her. She also left the interview a couple times because I don't think there was another pharmacist on duty to cover while she did the interview. It kind of seemed like she had already knew who she wanted to hire and was just interviewing me for the heck of it.

She went on telling me about how Safeway is in a union and the pharm techs get paid 9 something an hour since they're in the union and kind of making me feel like the job wasn't too great anyway. Especially because they have to pay an initiation fee of 500$ after working for 3 months.

I went home and told my husband that I'd rather work in a gelato shop than at a Safeway pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• What strategies do you do to make sure expired meds are taken care of?   Answer Question
    • Questions about insurance   Answer Question
    • One of your co workers call in sick leaving just you and the pharmacist. How do you prioritize the tasks that need to be done and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an upset patient?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

pleasant and informative. predictable questions and very straight forward. met with pharmacy manager and one of the store supervisor or managers. took about 30 minutes. showed me the process of the pharmacy and what kinds of situations to expect from customers. explained what was expected of the employee and how to address certain issues. the rules and laws involving pharmacy law and safeway regulations and policies.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Applied online, then about one week later was telephoned to set up an interview time. The interview was brief, primarily focused on availability, reliable transportation and customer service skills. Drug test was taken same day via oral swab.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of resolving a difficult situation with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Was notified via phone to set up an interview. First interview is with the store manager, then with the pharmacy manager. Got an offer within 2-3 days. There are about 10 hours of computer training you have to do. It's self paced and you can come in any time to do it. Then there's official training in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about my goals for the future and how I would contribute to the company even though I was inexperienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really try to get a better rate since I didn't have any experience.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

None. They never responded to any of my inquires.

Interview Questions

• Why did I not ge a response to any of my inquires to Safeway.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Had a one to one interview...few behavorial related questions and more about my prior expereince