Safeway Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.5

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First there's some assessment tests requiring you to write a letter based on a call and navigating the internet. Then you meet with management (1-2 people) for a formal interview. A lot of situational questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time at work when I couldn't get what I needed and the job had to be done?   Answer Question

APC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

all electronic communication until you get a call one day for an in store interview. Interviews last between 5-30 mins depending on experience. Usually you will meet with the hiring person and not the store mgr unless you are applying for a mgmt position. Mgmt positions will be conducted by at least two mgrs from the store you will be working for.

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work for us? how do u think u will add to our team?   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview with two stages one through the hiering manager then with the technical lead. However, the role they really wanted is a database sql expert.

Interview Questions

• what is the differnce between hash and nested-loop join   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The only applications at our store are online, so the first interview you get will be on the phone from an HR headquarters in Phoenix. I wasn't able to get any feedback after that phone interview because my phone service at the time was awful.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy they took me in asked me a bunch of yes or no questions then got to know me a little better! We joked an chit chatted and everything seemed to go well. Personally I loved it.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Safeway - Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I originally went in for a night crew position but I ended up going for barista instead. It was a pretty easy interview; aside from a few questions about school and myself there were only like 3 interview questions. I was offered the job, which I accepted, and had to do a saliva drug test. Was told that I would be contacted after a background check for completing paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Safeway?
      How would a good friend describe you?
      What does good customer service look like to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; starting pay was 8.05

Image Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The whole hiring process took about three months from the date of the submission of my resume. I was called in for a total of three interviews. I interviewed with two to three people at each interview. The questions were easy and most related to my experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was why I was not intending on going back to school for a degree.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called me with an offer. Since it was a good offer I did not try to negotiate.

Staffing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a simple process the interview was approx 40 minutes and done over the phone. Asked standard behavioral questions and 2 managers did the interview. After the interview was complete I waited approx 1 week for the decision

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in the breakroom. I got to meet coworkers from another store. Central interview location is pretty far for everyone not living next to it. No instruction was given on where to go once I arrived at the store, so I asked the first employee I saw. They were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Sell your favorite product to me. What three items would you suggestive sell to a person buying a birthday cake? When are you available to work?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Panel of three managers, all asked a variety of accounting and situational questions (what would you do if? How would handle if? Tell me a time..,etc). Process was pretty quick, had a phone screening, panel interview and within a few days a offer was presented.