Safeway Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bakery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Safeway (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm really bad at interviews, so in my opinion, interviewing for a management position was extremely difficult for me. I did let the store director know that upfront though.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First there's some assessment tests requiring you to write a letter based on a call and navigating the internet. Then you meet with management (1-2 people) for a formal interview. A lot of situational questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time at work when I couldn't get what I needed and the job had to be done?   Answer Question

APC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

all electronic communication until you get a call one day for an in store interview. Interviews last between 5-30 mins depending on experience. Usually you will meet with the hiring person and not the store mgr unless you are applying for a mgmt position. Mgmt positions will be conducted by at least two mgrs from the store you will be working for.

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work for us? how do u think u will add to our team?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It took about 20-30 minutes to finish. Talked about past jobs and how long I'd be here, then did some role play trying to sell the interviewer something. After that there was a drug test

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Mesa, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was two days of practice in front of a computer with little or no assistance from anyone if you got stuck you had to look for someone to help

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in the company   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called me 4 hours after i applied to set up an interview for the following day.Did the interview questions were pretty easy.Manger said they have 6 more interviews to do. Called me about 3 hours after my interview to tell me they wanted with more experience.But offered me to work there for 3 months without pay for training, I declined

Interview Questions

• If someone came in trying to buy a bday cake what tother hree items would you suggest they bu?   1 Answer

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview with two stages one through the hiering manager then with the technical lead. However, the role they really wanted is a database sql expert.

Interview Questions

• what is the differnce between hash and nested-loop join   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The only applications at our store are online, so the first interview you get will be on the phone from an HR headquarters in Phoenix. I wasn't able to get any feedback after that phone interview because my phone service at the time was awful.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy they took me in asked me a bunch of yes or no questions then got to know me a little better! We joked an chit chatted and everything seemed to go well. Personally I loved it.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me some questions and I took a saliva drug tests. I got called into the managers office after waiting about 10 minutes at the starbucks inside the store. They asked me what i felt the jobs responsibilities are and what kind of person I was. Mostly generic job questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.