Safeway Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

Safeway Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Testing and QA Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then another phone screen with the Hiring Manager. After a long time waiting for the result of that interview, they might get back to you to schedule a face-to-face panel interview. After that, you would only hear back from them if you were chosen. Otherwise, you won't even get a courtesy "thank you but..." email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if management asks you to approve a release with critical defects?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Safeway has a "behavioral panel" processes whereby the HR, Hiring Manager and two others from the team will sit on a panel and ask questions.
    The questions are to be answered in the format of 1) situation 2) what you did 3) result.
    After the panel, there is typically 3-5 additional people to interview with in half hour increments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were leading an initiative and not everybody was aligned with the direction it was going?   Answer Question

Director, Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviews are conducted in a group setting (5 people in my case) and all candidates are asked several standardized situational questions (e.g. Describe a time when...) followed by a couple of other more job specific questions. Questions are asked usually in rotation by each interviewer with additional clarifying questions asked by any of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to set a direction for a team? Explain the situation, approach used, outcome, lessons learned, etc.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy behavioral interviews. You will have to meet with many people, some who will be your peers, as well as managers and senior leaders. They like panel interviews.
    They are also in a state of change with the recent merger with Albertson. Will have some challenges ahead

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you did not agree with managements direction?   1 Answer

Infosec Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

good, took 2 months (summer time). Talked to manager first and then went to face to face with multiple people and then last stage was with CISO.
    Very friendly people and relax environment.

Finance Manager - Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A brief resume review followed by a series of scenarios, asking how you would handle various business situations. The interview was handled by a panel of Sr Managers and Directors from various Finance departments. Questions focused chiefly on how you handle people and situations, less on technical skills. Before the main interview you may be asked to speak with someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prioritize multiple conflicting requests.
      Talk about a time when you had to persuade someone to take an action they did not agree with.   Answer Question

Any Position Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Casual, met with a hiring manager, and did a on the spot drug test. I mean you have to smell like alcohol, come in your pajamas, or fail the drug test to no get hired.

Interview Questions

• What Would make me a good employee? Why do you want to work at Safeway? Are there any days you cant work?   1 Answer

Vice President Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute very basic interview, seemed like it lacked HR standards for a company of this size. Questions were very basic like what are your strengths, what do want to accomplish. There was not a lot of active listening by the interviewer. Seemed to be a pre-selected process. Would prefer a more skills based question interview with problem solving examples where work could be highlighted with accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work history. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two people that interviewed me. Each of them asked me about two questions. The interview lasted about twenty-two minutes. One interviewer at the end was more inclined to talk to me about the upcoming NFL playoffs, than focusing on my answers for the interview. I was rushed and I felt that the interviewers were going through the motions of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deliver bad news to upper management regarding a project. What was the outcome   Answer Question

Network Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two pre-screening phone calls with multiple technical questions concerning routing, switching and wireless engineering and troubleshooting. One Skype meeting with management for a pre face to face and general vetting then a face to face on site at Corporate.

Interview Questions

• You issue the "show ip bgp summary" command and see a neighbor state is active, what does this indicate?   1 Answer