Safeway Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2018

1.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

simple yes or no question. such as why do you want to work for safeway? How would you react with an angry customer?

Interview Questions

• All interview questions for low level jobs are simple and easy   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

no real job expierence needed just basic questions and answers job has more to do with being fast learner and havig sense of urgency plus cant get mad at ridicoulus work ethic

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work for safeway   1 Answer

pay was too low

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Naperville, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

There wasn't much involved in the interview process. I just submitted my resume, and had a five minute conversation with the store manager. There was a drug test that I completed after being hired, and also a background check that was completed after I began working there. It was not difficult, and was a fairly quick process.

Interview Questions

• They are focused on customer service reviews, so they had some role-play about helping customers out that was a little unexpected.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Interview

Managers look for someone willing to follow instructions. Rules change, expectations waver, and managers differ, so willingness to adapt will be important and something the manager will look for. Be on time. Can be very flexible with the schedule. Pay caps off at 10.50 an hour.

Interview Questions

• It's a simple job. The interview won't be anything to worry about.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed and hired two days later. Questions were minimal because I knew some people who already worked at the company. They just want to be sure that you know basic customer service and that you are trainable and have a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who came in with a bad product and wanted something new?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Online application, got a call and scheduled interview for next day. Fairly easy questions, basically if you dress up and show up you already have the job because they are always needing new hires. On the spot saliva test to save time and money and started the next Monday. Try to get produce, bakery, or meat dept. as the deli is disgusting and being a cashier hurts to stand in one spot for hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pay minimum wage, 7.65 in AZ

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Safeway (SeaTac, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

One interview, asked many questions involved with Customer Service. Asked questions around my willingness to help other departments. Main questions involved around schedule, asking my hours i want and when i can work. Talked about safety and if i am able to work in certain conditions.

Interview Questions

• If you were a customer, what would you buy? How would you want an employee make up your mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mostly agreeing to everything they asked.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

I was asked a few behavioral questions. The interview was extremely easy. I applied online which took about 40 minutes. After applying online, I heard from a hiring manager about two weeks after I submitted my application. During the interview, I had to take an oral drug test.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Pretty basic. Received a call from the store manager, set up an interview with the hiring manager. Interview was very relaxed, the hiring manager did not make me feel nervous or intimidated. Standard questions (what does customer service mean to you, describe a time you made a customer happy, etc.). Shared a few laughs. Overall pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Puyallup, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Super easy, got hired on the spot. They don't really ask many questions, but you have to bother them everyday about when you'll be actually hired on. It took her 3 weeks to finally get me in the store, she only called me once and I called her every single day. They are friendly but it's not worth the starting off pay.

Interview Questions

• What where your long term goals.   1 Answer