Safeway Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2018

1.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cave Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Cave Creek, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online to a store 3 miles from my house. I got a call a week later asking if I was still interested. Application was bounced to another Safeway 10 miles away. It was my first job so I accepted. The interview was at 9am in the in-store Starbucks. She asked me easy questions, verified I was who I said I was, and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Burlingame, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview, did an oral drug test and was offered the position depending on drug test outcome. Chatted with the interviewer for a few minutes about social issues, nothing drastic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Safeway?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was courteous, not necessarily the most responsive. She asked very typical questions. If you have any experience with interviews and aren't incompetent, then it should be pretty easy and straightforward. Other than that, all the questions could be found on other Glassdoor reviews of Safeway.

Interview Questions

• Q: If a customer was buying a birthday cake what three items would you recommend to them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Discovery Bay, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Discovery Bay, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about a week later and went in for an interview. The hiring manager was very nice and asked simple interview questions. It was over in about 15 minutes. The position I applied for was not open at the time, but they said they would find a place for me. A week later I got a call back and went in for training.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through Safeway's online job portal; made a profile and submitted it to the store location and specific job. I got a call the next day about a job at a different location and not at all what I applied for. This was fine, but I was unclear as to why I couldn't work at the Safeway down the street from where I lived.
    Once in the 'interview,' it was very informal. Basically, they saw I was breathing, actually showed up, and asked if I wanted the job. I accepted then and there and started the next day with training. Not really an interview at all. I was breathing and that was qualification enough, apparently.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Pretty basic. Received a call from the store manager, set up an interview with the hiring manager. Interview was very relaxed, the hiring manager did not make me feel nervous or intimidated. Standard questions (what does customer service mean to you, describe a time you made a customer happy, etc.). Shared a few laughs. Overall pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway in January 2016.

Interview

Difficult online application, telephone request for interview, out of town interview, offered late night order shopping- not the job I applied for first. After I explained I could not arrange proper transportation they offered me a job cashiering which change to produce after a few months.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to take a drug test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Wenatchee, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (East Wenatchee, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

General "Food Clerk" questionnaire. Are you adaptable, I.E. can you run a register and be pulled way from your department to help the staff/team/store? Willingness to work. After the interview you have to concede to a drug test and background check. The drug test comes before the background check and will determine whether or not you are even eligible to work for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Puyallup, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Super easy, got hired on the spot. They don't really ask many questions, but you have to bother them everyday about when you'll be actually hired on. It took her 3 weeks to finally get me in the store, she only called me once and I called her every single day. They are friendly but it's not worth the starting off pay.

Interview Questions

• What where your long term goals.   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway in May 2015.

Interview

A basic interview, asked if I had committed any crimes, do I use drugs, do I have any health issues that could impair my ability to work at that current location. Also had to use a computer to take a bunch of safety related quizzes.