Safeway Interview Questions in San Leandro, CA | Glassdoor

Safeway Interview Questions in San Leandro, CA

1.0

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (San Leandro, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and informal. Interviewer was friendly. Asked the typical questions about standing for 8 hours, lifting stuff, taking out trash, etc. They asked about any criminal background and taking a drug test. (I was never asked to do a drug test.)

Interview Questions

• Asked the typical questions about standing for 8 hours, lifting stuff, taking out trash, etc. They asked about any criminal background and taking a drug test. (I was never asked to do a drug test.)   Answer Question

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Leandro, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The first thing they do is try and pinpoint people they think could be in management. Once they do that they pester you until you say yes. This was the case with me, there's two types of people who become managers: the ones management wants to become a manager, and the ones who beg to become managers, management wanted me. So my case may be different from others, because if they want you, they make it pretty easy to get in. You take a test, which is basically a personality test, they give you like an hour or two to take it, but it took me like 20 minutes, it's a personality test, the only way you'll answer wrong is if you're lying about yourself. Once you pass that (a lot of people do fail) you have a interview with HR and a district manager. They basically ask you questions about what would you do, or what have you done in certain situations. That's pretty much it. Truthfully they know before you start the process if they want you or not.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult or unexpected. They were basically questions about how would handle situations. What would you do with a rude customer? What wouldd you do it two employees have a conflict? Things of that nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but you can negotiate. Understand however, you're not going to get a much higher salary, and if you demand too much, you will not get the job.