Safeway Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.8

Night Shift Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (North Bend, WA).

Interview

On sales floor they were desparate and needed help they bypassed HR and even safety and store orientation cashier training policies Nd everything as they were desperate and I had a long retail background but with other companies

Interview Questions

• When can you start we need to fill this position tonight or as soon as physically possable   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Bremerton, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Called back with in a week for interview. Very easy interview. Asked basic behavioral questions. Called back with in 2 days with offer. I declined for another job

Interview Questions

• How to respond to a difficult customer   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a long interview where they ask you various questions on your past experience, education and analytical thinking. The interview could take between 30-60 minutes and they will let you know about their decision the same day.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your previous job that you can bring to the position you've applied for?   Answer Question

Applied for Casher and Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Silverdale, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I ended up getting courtesy clerk because they already filled up the other job spots, and they offered me gas station attendant in the near future, but i found out they were offering everyone that as well. They told me took keep an eye out for job openings in case of promotions.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Auburn, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR that lasted about 10 minutes. Received a call a few weeks later asking for an in person interview. That interview was with an hr employee, a supervisor, and a manager. That was about 30-40 minutes long. I am still waiting on a return phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to get approval from your superior on an expenditure. How did you convince your superiors that the money being spent is worth it?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through Safeway's online job portal; made a profile and submitted it to the store location and specific job. I got a call the next day about a job at a different location and not at all what I applied for. This was fine, but I was unclear as to why I couldn't work at the Safeway down the street from where I lived.
    Once in the 'interview,' it was very informal. Basically, they saw I was breathing, actually showed up, and asked if I wanted the job. I accepted then and there and started the next day with training. Not really an interview at all. I was breathing and that was qualification enough, apparently.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (North Bend, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

They put me in produce... And I hated it but now I'm checking and work over at the Safe ways gas station. Sometimes I don't like to be moved around, just want to be put on one stop

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Shoreline, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted on line for a few s
    Safeway's near my house. Three weeks later I get call asking if I was still looking for a job and If I would like to interview. I showed up at the store and they haphazardly had a few tables and chair strewn about.. I sat down with a lady they brought from another store to do the hiring. They were very generic questions, how would your ex-boss describe you?, how do you handle stress?, what motivates you?. Nothing unusual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The job pays minimum wage, I told them it is not acceptable. They said 10.00. I said alright.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I Interviewed with a General Manager and the Central Store Operations Manager at District office in Bellevue.It took about 30 minutes, and they said they would let me know if I got the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Pic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Tacoma, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

A fairly average interview with a required question form. The manager asked what my prior experience was with the similar activities I would have to have to perform. I was in an office with the store director as well as the hiring manager. I wore a dress shirt and black pants.

Interview Questions

• When were you involved in a difficult situation at work and what was the outcome?   Answer Question