Safeway Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Safeway

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. They call me about 2 days later to schedule an over the phone interview. The day of the phone interview nobody called. 2 weeks later hr sent me an email asking if i was still interested. I had the interview over the phone and a week later they scheduled an in person interview with District manager and recruiter. I got an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use multiple company resources to solve a problem   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I Interviewed with a General Manager and the Central Store Operations Manager at District office in Bellevue.It took about 30 minutes, and they said they would let me know if I got the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Promoted from within. Entry level interview a breeze, you pretty much just have to have open availability and show your eagerness to get to work.

Interview Questions

• "what is something you have done in the past that you would now consider unethical?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Leandro, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The first thing they do is try and pinpoint people they think could be in management. Once they do that they pester you until you say yes. This was the case with me, there's two types of people who become managers: the ones management wants to become a manager, and the ones who beg to become managers, management wanted me. So my case may be different from others, because if they want you, they make it pretty easy to get in. You take a test, which is basically a personality test, they give you like an hour or two to take it, but it took me like 20 minutes, it's a personality test, the only way you'll answer wrong is if you're lying about yourself. Once you pass that (a lot of people do fail) you have a interview with HR and a district manager. They basically ask you questions about what would you do, or what have you done in certain situations. That's pretty much it. Truthfully they know before you start the process if they want you or not.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult or unexpected. They were basically questions about how would handle situations. What would you do with a rude customer? What wouldd you do it two employees have a conflict? Things of that nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but you can negotiate. Understand however, you're not going to get a much higher salary, and if you demand too much, you will not get the job.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Management are internal hires. I started as a cashier worked my way up to management. They provide on the job training. They provide mentorship at store and corporate level to develop necessary skills. There are more opportunities available if you are willing to relocate. It is still very competitive.