Safeway Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online through the company Website, got a call to schedule an interview then got an interview three days later. Basic question about how to handle angry or rude customers. got an offer 5 days later after a background check then took a drogue test.

Negotiation

No negotiation I badly needed a job back then but the offer was decent for a driver.

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

One on one interview, pulled my online application, sat down with the hiring recruiter, gave him my background as previously working at Safeway as a Food Clerk. I answered his questions truthfully and also inquired about being a full-time Food Clerk and he answered no. I asked about the hourly wage and based on my past employment with them I would have to start at minimum wage again because I was gone for more than 3 years which I did not think was right but that's how they play.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in dealing with customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate. You either take their offer or walk out and decline the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC).

Interview

Situation questions, what would you do in certain situations. How would you react if.....

Interview Questions

• Big on why you left past positions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They mail you an offer.

Grocery Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Fairly fast, and easy. Hired within the month - I applied online and had a callback within a week. When you apply, several stores recieve your application - I got a call back from three stores; the first two never returned my phone calls. The third set up and interview at the end of that week. I waited for an hour, because the store was so busy. The person hiring me had to help customers, and answer the phones before she could sit down with me. Throughout the interview she had to stop and answer the phone. This didn't both me, because it was obvious this was because the company under-staffed, not that she wasn't doing her job correctly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was told I would be paid 7.67 an hour starting off then get periodic raises throughout my employment. After asking if I would start at a higher pay, they told me it was non-negotiable.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

went back 3 times, manager submitted for approval, took a few weeks but it was approved. interview was smooth, no surprises. asked me about experience and my goals with the company.

Interview Questions

• realistically, there was no difficult or unexpected question. the manager liked my resume and sent it to headquarters to see if i would fit in the main office.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there were no negotiations. the manager explained the job and pay and that was it. the only negotiation was whether i would accept the job.

Seafood Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

They asked my qualifications for the position and they basically gave me the job, was not much to it. If you can pass a drug test you are good. They never asked any challenging questions at all ,very basic and not much to it.