Sage Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR | Glassdoor

2.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was so disappointed with the entire process. I applied for the position online and was talked to by a recruiter about my payroll experience. I walked into the interview and was told the position I was interviewing for was a customer support position in a call center working 10 hours a day assisting customers. I asked why this was advertised as a Payroll Specialist position and they responded that they had no idea. Complete waste of my time, especially since I was told to prepare for interview questions regarding tax laws, tax forms and payroll processing...only to find out it was a call center position that had no aspect of payroll. The recruiter completely lied about the position, and I have lost respect for this company if this is what they do to recruit new hires. I have tried contacting the Sage recruiter following the interview and he has not replied to my calls.

Software Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who performed an initial phone screen and then a week later I was given an in-person interview with two managers. During the interview I was asked about my past work experience and also asked if I had specific skills relevant to Sage. The questions were fairly standard but during the interview it became apparent that they had very specific criteria that they were seeking in a candidate and I do not feel that my background matched their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level in working with Mondo DB?   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard. Interview with HR, then hiring manager. After I interviewed over the phone with HR, I was called to come in for a face to face interview. After that, I got a call a few days later with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• "Describe to me how to tie my shoes with just using your words"   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Positive and professional experience overall. Communicated in a timely way during the process, despite some duplication of effort between HR and the Hiring Manager, which resulted in a mixed message about my chances pretty far into the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out as very difficult. I talked with 3 different managers, and they all asked questions which could be expected and straight-forward.   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I submitted an online application and resume. Within a few days I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain in detail how to tie a shoe.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I first had several phone interviews. Following the phone interviews which were only lightly touched on technical aspects, I was flown to the company for some in person interviews.

These were one on one interviews for about an hour with 5 currently employed developers and one manager. One interviewer hit hard on the technical questions and problem solving, but the rest mostly just asked about items on my resume (had to show the knowledge).

Interview Questions

• I had to reverse a doubly-linked list. It's not really that hard of a problem, but I felt kind of put on the spot for it   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Group Interview. Six people, some questions were general, and not with sales. It seemed like the crew was 'winging it'. They seemed nice enough, though. No telecommuting option. Office only. Defined working hours, though salaried.

Customer Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in May 2009.

Interview

first interview will be with corporate HR as a screening
    Second will be on campus face to face with 2-3 managers asking a series of questions to rate your ability to troubleshoot and talk with customers
    typically an offer will follow a week or so later

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many telephone poles are between Oregon and NY   2 Answers

Negotiation

Little to none

Support Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in October 2008.

Interview

They called me around noon and asked me to update my resume and resend it which I did then they called me back and asked me to interview at 2:30 that afternoon. I went in and was interviewed by 2 team managers for position on a third manager's team. They asked me about my previous experience with computers and computer software and estimating. They asked me about my experience doing help desk work. Then they started asking me troubleshooting questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to pretend I was talking to an alien who was visiting earth for the first time and he could not see me and I could not see him. I was to tell this alien how to put on a sock and a shoe and tie the shoe.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me an offer and said that they would not offer any more money so not to even ask. I was unemployed at the time and figured having a job was better than not having one at all.