Sage Intacct Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Intacct Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Sage Intacct

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA).

Interview

A first round interview consisting of two thirty minute interviews with an account executive and then sales manager. Fairly straight forward behavioral in informational interview. Both people were very friendly and did seem to be interested in the first 15 minutes at least. Was asked to come back for final round of interview and felt confident. As long as you have a good understanding of what your skills are and what the companies it is easy.

Interview Questions

• Who is your best friend and what would he say is your worst quality?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sage Intacct

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very thorough and very professional, but not stuffy. I made several visits, meeting with 9 team members in various positions from sales development, sales, sales management and executive management. All were very enthusiastic about Intacct and the direction of the company. They were very accommodating,as I had other offers on the table and needed a quick process. It felt good to run the gauntlet and to be offered the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a specific question that I was asked, but did notice a huge emphasis on me being the curious one and the one asking the questions. Be prepared, do your homework on the company and have layered questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my parameters and told what would work for me. Process was easy, with start date, an important detail for me due to previous commitments, being very negotiable. Offer, with options, very fair and not much need for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted shortly after submitting my application. I was brought in for an interview which lasted a few hours, dealing with many different people. I was able to speak with the CEO, managers and people in my position. My perception of the office from the get-go was very positive and engaging. Everybody was very kind, and the interview was challenging, yet fair.

Interview Questions

• What will be the hardest part about transition from retail to professional sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate due to my lack of professional sales experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was very impressed with the efficiency of the interview process. Had a phone interview, then two in person interviews with a good mix of individuals from those I'd be working with to management including the CEO who interviews everyone. The questions were appropriate. I liked that they focused on getting to know me.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions but the CEO had my wheels turning after the interview because in that moment he made me a better salesperson. He didn't ask any questions! He wanted me to lead the conversation and ask all the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair and upfront.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Once I decided to look for a sales position at a company that sold or worked with Accounting software, I was very excited to find an opening on Intacct's website. I applied online and that night also linked-in messaged the HR recruiter. I received a call from HR the very next day. The conversation was laid back, informative and exciting. The following day I received a call from the hiring manager. This call was about 1 hour and went very well. She answered all of my questions and asked me to come in for to meet 4 people in-person interview at HQ in San Jose, Ca. On the first visit, I met a combination of sales associates as well as the marketing manager. I come with a lot of experience in start up companies here in Silicon Valley and I remember thinking after the first visit - everyone was very informative and what impressed me was that they had the feel and drive of a start-up environment, but the organization and disciple of a strong enterprise company. After the first visit, the hiring manager asked me to come back one more time to meet 3 more members of the company. What impressed me the most on this visit was that I met the CEO on the biggest day of the company's year-Fiscal Year End! I remember sitting through the interview and hearing a bell ring to indicate a sales deal being booked. I asked the CEO why he was interviewing me today as opposed to enjoying the excitement out with the team. He said I was his 5th interview that day and that it was important to ensure that he found a great team to help move the company forward. I was so impressed to see that the CEO of a growing company really did lead by such a great example. That was the moment I knew that this was the right company for me, and I would be honored to work here!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Once the offer was presented, I had one call to discuss salary range and benefits. It was clear, smooth and quick.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for interview with reasons for wanting a particular position in this particular industry

- Phone interview (why you want the position)
    - In-person interview (2 hours, various employees 1 on 1)
    - Writing sample
    - In-person interview (2 hours, various employees who would oversee you in a future role)

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced professionally and how it affected you/how you responded   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward and professional interview process. One phone screen with a manager that lasted about 30 minutes, followed by three in-person interviews with management on-site. The next step was to interview with three more managers on-site, each interview lasting roughly around 30 minutes. Offer came a few days after the last round of interviews.
    The best advice when interviewing for this company, is to be down to earth and motivated. Intacct has a great group of people who work hard and jive really well together. They want to make sure that you fit in with the group and will keep the momentum going through hard work and dedication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and set up some phone screens then I came on site twice for two series of interviews. 90% of who I met represented the values reflected on Glassdoor and their mission, but others demonstrated enough of a deviation that I was not comfortable moving forward.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Intacct.

Interview

***Not at all professional experience***

Initial call was scheduled and I was waiting for call. Then I got an email saying we will have to re-schedule the call as the person was in a meeting, I asked for next available timings and there was no response. Then I took follow up for few days ( one email a day) and no response. Finally when I asked if they are still taking interviews and the answer was we are not considering any applications.

Rejecting in a interview is something different but scheduling an interview and then keeping him/her on hold without responding is not at all professional. If you have scheduled an interview that means candidate has also taken out his time so you should respect that.At least you should have inform him/her that the position is closed without interviewing other candidates so they don't wait for your response anymore and don't waste time to write an email every day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage Intacct (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and we set up a phone interview. The recruiter seemed bored while on the phone with me, but her feedback was positive and she decided that they wanted to set me up on a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I took the chance, and had it scheduled for the following week. When the hiring manager called, she sounded bored, once again. Right off the bat, she didn’t seem to care for my answers and overall sounded very unfriendly. At the end of the very short 7 minute interview, she asked if I had questions. I did, and I asked them - she was extremely abrupt in answering and answered most of them with a “I don’t know,” “I don’t think so,” or a yes/no. Even if you don’t believe a candidate is a fit, at least give the the proper respect when they ask questions. They’re just trying to learn more about you or the company. Doesn’t hurt to give thoughtful answers.

I know the company is supposedly one of the “best places to work,” however the experience with the hiring manager was pretty negative and really soured my perception of Sage Intacct. Please, if you’re gonna conduct interviews, at least find people who will represent your company positively.