Sage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sage (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was so disappointed with the entire process. I applied for the position online and was talked to by a recruiter about my payroll experience. I walked into the interview and was told the position I was interviewing for was a customer support position in a call center working 10 hours a day assisting customers. I asked why this was advertised as a Payroll Specialist position and they responded that they had no idea. Complete waste of my time, especially since I was told to prepare for interview questions regarding tax laws, tax forms and payroll processing...only to find out it was a call center position that had no aspect of payroll. The recruiter completely lied about the position, and I have lost respect for this company if this is what they do to recruit new hires. I have tried contacting the Sage recruiter following the interview and he has not replied to my calls.

Director of Agency Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I have never experienced such unprofessional people in my life. The Sage recruiter was terrible. Scheduled meetings without confirming times with me and failed to provide information on the people with whom I was interviewing until I asked.

After the initial screen interview I moved on to an in-person, on-site interview with three people. They were fine. A few days later, I received an email asking me to fill out a candidate experience survey. That seemed a bit odd as I was waiting to hear feedback from the in-person interview. So I emailed the Sage recruiter and got an automatic reply saying that she was no longer with the company. Then I sent an email to the VP I interviewed with - no reply. I sent an email to the recruiter's replacement - no reply. I Tweeted Sage Careers - no reply. I sent an email to recruitment at Sage - no reply.

FINALLY the recruiter's replacement called and informed me that before the initial recruiter left, she had marked in the system that I had declined to move forward. WHAAAAT?!? I told recruiter #2 that was completely untrue and she said she'd follow up. An hour later I received a call from some guy who said he was working with recruiter #1. He told me he called me that morning. He didn't. He also told me he sent me an email. He didn't. Then he proceeded to tell me that they had decided not to move forward. I asked for feedback and it was if he was reading off a script. Complete crap. Insulting, disrespectful and a complete cluster. Plus the lying?

Pay attention to the reviews here. Everything Sage says on their website about how they treat candidates is a lie. This is not a good indication of how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

Sage Response

Jul 1, 2016 – Internal & External Communications Specialist, NA

I am sorry to hear that your candidate experience with Sage has not been a good one. We are proud that the vast majority of the candidates we connect with have a positive experience. That being said... More

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

Tell me about yourself.
    Why should I hire you?
    What is your long-range objective?
    What is your greatest accomplishment?
    How has your education prepared you for your career?
    Are you a team player?
    Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How did you resolve it?
    What is your greatest strength?
    What is your greatest weakness?
    If I were to ask one of your professors (or a boss) to describe you, what would he or she say?
    What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
    If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?
    How would you describe your ideal job?
    Why did you choose this career?
    When did you decide on this career?
    What goals do you have in your career?
    How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
    How do you personally define success?
    Describe a situation in which you were successful.
    What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
    What accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction in your life?
    Would you rather work with information or with people?

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sage in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional, gave a lot of details about the job. Had a great understanding of the company and what benefits they offer to the employee. They also advise what is the time frame that you will need to stay in your current role before applying to be promoted

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what was my day to day responsiblities of my current job   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

long and tedious very long and tedious . Did I mention drawn out? The process was strung out for over 6 months. The hiring manager acted very eager to get me placed ..but then warned me that HQ was very deliberate.. and to be prepared for a long wait. He was correct. After 3 telephone interviews .. and calls for references and resume checks< I was then scheduled for a Day of interviews with 3 Department heads.

Interview Questions

• If I had the choice of living on deserted Island for 3 years with no other people around..what 3 things would take with me from my desk.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

Interviewed with four different levels in the department after interviewing with the recruiter. They are big on "fit" as well as talent and background. The interviews were with the North American as well as the Global head of Communications.

Interview Questions

• If I had superpowers, what would they be and why?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage in March 2016.

Interview

I have applied for a finance manager role. I was asked to take a personality test. Then I was asked to take a math test. After passing both I am asked to conduct some type of "digital interview." There is absolutely no instructions. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I am under the impression there will be no "interviewer" as I can do this "digital interview" at any time of the day. This is the most bizarre process I have ever seen. Can I not talk to anybody at this company? If you people are really interested in me when will I get to talk to a person? This is such a huge turnoff. NO THANK YOU!!!!

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage.

Interview

Meet with team member, 2nd interview with Director, reference checks and then phone screens with more team members. Process was a little bit slow due to the changes going on, but everyone was very open and honest with what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sage?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Not much to talk about. Phone interview with a recruiter and after a week or so another phone interview with the hiring manager. They try to low ball you by asking what is your salary expectation and then without going through what the actual job duties.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Lawrenceville, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone call which I received about two weeks after applying. During phone call I was provided general information about the role and asked if I could handle it. I was also asked to describe my current role so the interviewer could determine if I should be a candidate. Told during the same call I was a candidate to come for a second interview. Second interview was face to face and again pretty simple. Went into further detail about the role and asked questions about how I would handle typical sales challenges. Was also asked about Sales history.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who has already been called by several of your other employees?   Answer Question