Sage Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Sage Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

2.9

Software Test Automation for Selenium Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It's been a year since I did an interview with this company and I really felt the urge to finally talk about it. The interview I had with this company was by far the most unprofessional experience I've had. I don't usually write these reviews, but for this particular company, I felt like I had to speak out about this.

It began through a career fair from my university, I submitted my resume and I was called in for an interview about 3-4 weeks later. The first interview went OK, they mainly asked me about my projects and experiences, nothing technical. There was a lot of sarcasm that I detected in the interview, and the person before me I was sure landed the job. But I was fine with it.

Surprisingly, I got another interview about 2 weeks later to speak with the Principal Architect, Sig. He talked about the the general architecture of the system and what I've been doing and so on. He also talked promoted his mongodb meet up group. He tried to provoke some emotion from me by giving me hints and winking and say 'we'll speak again' at the end of the interview which seemed clearly authentic. About 2-3 weeks afterwards, I got another call from the company for an interview for this position. On their website this position was marked 'Filled'. I was a bit confused, but I decided why not? So I took the phone interview and answered some general questions about myself and some technical questions. About 3-4 weeks after that, I was called in for an interview with one person who phone interviewed me for the same position. I know you may think I'm stupid, but an interview is an opportunity and why would a legitimate company call you in for a position if it wasn't available? When I went in for the interview there was a series of 4-5 seniors asking me questions, one after another. It wasn't hard, but they weren't super hard. Some of the interviewers were nice, but I can never tell. After all this, I never heard from them again.

This whole process was a complete joke to them. They want to prey on your hopes and they enjoy you suffering through the whole process. It is not professional or even moral to call someone in for a position that clearly has been filled and purposely prolong a process to play with someone's hope. Stay away from this company if you are serious about your career.

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of all real numbers? (sike)   1 Answer

Manager of Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1.) Contacted by Sage Recruiter after applying on site, basic screening type questions, gave current and desired salary range, was told it needed to be discussed with hiring mgr.

2.) Sage recruiter contacted me a day later to schedule an interview with hiring manager.

3.) Interviewed with hiring manager -- Great interview! I killed it! Everything is looking awesome at this point...

4.) A new recruiter contacts me from Sage and tells me she's replacing the recruiter I was previously working with. She tells me the interview went great and they'd like to move forward to schedule a 2nd interview. Emails me a new questionnaire regarding my current & expected salary. I complete the questionnaire within an hour.

5.) Next day recruiter calls me back and proceeds to tell me my salary expectations are out of the range for the position. I come down 5k, I'm told they're going to discuss internally and she will call me back. I receive no call, just an email to schedule a conf. call for the 2nd interview. I can only conclude my range is acceptable.

6.) 2nd Interview with SVP over the phone -- interview goes great, slam dunk!

7.) Next day I receive emails to complete formal job application, a background check, and to formally submit 5 references to be contacted.

8.) I contact all my references to let them know to expect an email survey. Everyone completes their surveys.

9.) 2 days later I receive a call from recruiter telling me I'm qualified, possibly over-qualified, and that my salary range is simply too high and that they're moving on. I tell them that if salary is the only barrier at this point, I'm open to negotiation. Recruiter tells me she will go back to hiring manager to further discuss and contact me.

10.) 4 days later, no word. I send an email follow-up, wait 2 days for a response, still no word. I call 6 days after last contact, I'm finally told that even my base salary in my current job is out of range for this position. The very same base salary I shared on the first day of being contacted, the same base salary I shared in their online application, the same salary I shared on the phone with the 2nd recruiter, and the very same salary I shared again in her email questionnaire?

How an organization allows one to get this far in the interview process (3-weeks) while knowing all along that they salary range they're coming from AND what they're looking for are BOTH out of the range budgeted for the position -- AND then at the very end blame it on the salary range completely escapes me. Complete waste of my time and what an embarrassment to have contacted former managers, co-workers, and friends for references only for this to happen.

Senior Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me by email after finding my profile online. I spoke with the recruiter and two managers by phone. She sent me a detailed candidate questionnaire to showcase my skills. I actually liked this in addition to providing my resume.

I needed to send a comprehensive survey to at least 5 people to act as referrals, which was a surprise. Two of those needed to be managers.

For me, it was a smooth process during which the recruiter contacted me almost everyday to keep me informed on the progress.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work with international colleagues, how to build consensus, and my overall writing skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Call and on site. During the call interview the Engineer was very nice and asked personal and few general questions about programming. On site interview was more involved and i had to solve problems on the board. Also, a lot of questions were asked about my previous projects and talking in details about it made a good impression.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about algorithms and languages used. You need to now the things you put in your resume.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a fairly simple process, interview in person, during regular working hours. Met with a Senior Marketing manager after sending my resume to the marketing director. Chatted about what I am passionate about and the opportunities I would like to have. Got hired on the spot for the contract position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Internal recruiter positions job as an immedaite hiring urgency
    4 interviews - one with recruiter and 3 other directors/VPS
    background check, and a reference check before they know which candidate they are deciding upon (most do this as a final check after they know which candidate)
    Need 5 references, dates, emails

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I reached out to the mananger who was hiring for this position since I worked with him when I was previously at Sage. I was fast tracked to a face to face meeting with him.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you almost lost a deal because of something you did.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application, received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had about three more phone interviews from various mangers that I'd be working with in the performance of my job. It lasted about a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how and what software I would use to create a specific type of artwork for a web project---by the intranet webmaster.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than expected.

Sales Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process itself wasn't too nerve-racking, I received a call and came in for the interview. I was interviewed by the supervisor for about 20 minutes and then given a brief overview of what the position entailed and what I had to do.

Director Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Irvine, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Professional and very pleasant

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience with an underperforming direct report   Answer Question