Sage Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

Sage Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Interviews at Sage

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call with Recruiter:
    - Went through resume and past experience. Q&A with recruiter

2. Technical Phone Interview
    - Standard data structure, Design principle

3. On-site Interview
    - Whiteboard coding, In-depth data structure, design principles

After onsite interview, I was told that Sage is on hiring freeze and will be in contact about 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, there's no response from Sage.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

Internal recruit. Elevated internally. Natural growth plan. One position became available after layoff and they were recruiting internally. I got the job anyway because it was my turn.

Interview Questions

• Do you want the job? Do you know what it entails and are you OK with the hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. The job has an exact salary set by Human Resources.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Internal promotion. The typical growth path is to go from taking orders and knowing promotions to sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with problems or issues?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is standard. I could only negotiate to a level II (one up from level I) because I have 6 years at this company. Still, my new base of $52000 is better than what I was earning before. The new job also has over $25,000 in bonus.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Because I got a foot in the door through a recommendation, the hiring process was pretty easy. I had one interview and I was hired on the spot. I'm not sure how typical this would be. HR was very organized with follow up and set up.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is always important to answer well in a compelling way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was happy with what I was offered. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for more, because they were clear that I was the right fit.