Saggezza Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saggezza Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interview process was smooth, met with three separate people. First interview was over the phone, second two were in person. i was then offered a position a few days later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

1) Phone Screened with HR
    2) Phone Screened with Hiring Manager
    3) In-Person Interview with Hiring Manager and 2 other people
    4) Phone Screened with CFO
    5) In-Person Interview with COO

i would say the it started well with the HR team and the hiring manager and CFO. It went downhill at the last interview with the COO. Firstly, the COO is very rude. He asked questions that had nothing to do with the job or my background. He cut me off mid sentence every time I tried to answer his questions. He was also very condescending.

I tried to reach out the HR after my interview to see the progress of my application and the HR generalist told me she would get back to me - it's been over a week. A simple "we are moving on with other candidates" or whatever general reason would have sufficed. I'm not bitter I didn't get an offer but I would have appreciated a notice that I wasn't selected. I like my current job at the moment, I was just trying to see what options are out there.

I also want to note that one of the people I interviewed with was very frank (which I respected) and mentioned that the company's financials didn't do well in 2015 and that the turnover is hurting the company.

I feel very bad writing a negative interview because there were some employees I interviewed with that were genuinely nice people; however, they are being led by bad leadership.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and had a phone interview within a week. After passing the phone interview I was invited to the office to have 3 more interviews in a single afternoon. I had an interview with a representative from HR, a technical interview with someone from IT, and an interview with an executive officer. The interview with HR was very pleasant where we talked about my career goals. The IT technical was a little tough as the interview asked his questions in very convoluted ways and never signaled when he was satisfied with my answer. Many of the technologies that came up in the interview were nowhere on the job posting so that was my first sign that the company has a little bit of a communication problem. After the technical interview I then met with the CIO who really didn't ask me many things. We just talked about the company and any questions I had. Everything was sounding good until I asked if they are a company that supports employee training and education and he gave a flat no saying that it is my responsibility to do any training (i.e. I need to pay for any training out of pocket).

After the in person interview I needed to provide 2 professional references and pay-stubs from my current job to prove my salary. About 2 days after providing requested information I was informated that I had passed the interview and they were preparing a job offer for me and I should here back very soon. 2 days pass and I finally hear back again from HR apologizing for the hold up and that I should have a job offer ready on Monday after the weekend. Monday rolls around I get yet another apology saying that the executive who needs to approve my offer was suck in a meeting since Friday and they will have my offer tomorrow. Finally, Tuesday comes and I get an email from them saying that management has decided to stick with using an internal candidate from India on a visa for the time being and that they might contact me in a few months (presumably after the internal employee’s visa expires).

Needless to say I was very upset at them stringing me along for over a week telling me that I had a job offer coming. I found it very unprofessional of HR to tell me that I had passed before obtaining approval of my job offer from the proper people within their company. Luckily for me I am still working a full time while job hunting so it didn't hurt me any, but had I been trying to secure work when unemployed I would have been even more upset by their conduct.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Saggezza?   1 Answer

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an interview with a top level exec who did not seem to be interested in exploring my skills and looking for a possible fit. He seemed to have a different agenda. He wasted my time.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted application/resume online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone screen with HR. Phone screen was brief and was mostly just questions on experience, background, etc - the normal screening questions.

Next step was a phone interview with an SVP - I believe he was remote so therefore not based out of the Chicago HQ office. Talked about my work experience, he talked at length about the opportunity and the role they're looking to fill. I walked away from this experience feeling informed about the job expectations and the company in general. The interview was more conversation style versus rapid fire questions with awkward silences. All in all, a positive experience. Lasted about an hour.

Final step was an on-site to their Chicago HQ. Multiple interviews were arranged by HR on a Friday morning:

(1) Behavioral interview - conducted by HR coordinator. Mostly there to answer any questions and provide a general overview of Saggezza, what they do, etc. I wouldn't say it was really an interview...just an introduction/Q&A type of interaction (where I provide the Q's). Lasted about 20 minutes.

(2) Technical interview - conducted by a junior developer. It was a whiteboard session where a DB was presented to me and I wrote queries for 15 different scenarios. Questions started out basic and then went into more complex joins and usage of built in funcitons (DATE, etc). In general it was good although there was some confusion since I have worked in a variety of different DB where syntax and functions differ. So the way a date is parsed in one DB versus another can look very different. The session seemed to be more appropriate for a developer type of role but worked well to determine SQL proficiency. Lasted about 30-45 minutes

(3) Manager interview - conducted by another SVP, the hiring manager. Started with a description of the role, some background on Saggezza and their product strategy. I walked through my background, project experiences, etc. Very interactive, some open ended questions, one that stuck out was "What is your definition of a successful project?". Trick question. It was a great conversation but did not walk away feeling like there was a connection. Lasted about 45 minutes.

Two weeks passed and eventually received the "Thanks but no thanks" email. During this time communication was honest and open which was very much appreciated. So although I didn't land the job I did feel that it was a positive experience. From beginning to end it lasted about a month.

Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic interview process, although interesting as the first in person interview was with one of the co-founders and then the Director of Talent. Initially a recruiter called me to discuss my background and a little about the role. That was followed by an in person interview. The interviews were somewhat casual (imo), but extremely nice to meet first with one of the co-founders. To me, that illustrates a solid company and one where everyone matters. Nice touch.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like why drew you to Saggezza. Overall, I thought the questions were somewhat weak and did not drill in enough. Either they had already assessed that they didn't like me (although I didn't get that impression) or that is their standard. I like casual interviews, but when I was told the second interview was more behavioral interviewing, I walked away feeling like it was definitely NOT a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Three step process. First was a phone call for basic information about the internship. Second call was mostly behavioral questions and how I handle deadlines. The final interview was to inquire about my skill set to ensure that they found the correct placement for me within the company. Everyone was very nice and the interview was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral, what I would do with an unfinished product and nearby deadline. Other questions pertained to information on my resume.   Answer Question

Interactive Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR - typical background screening questions. Next, had a phone interview with a manager - discussed the position and my background. After this, went to their office for 1-1 interviews. Met with 4 different members from their team. Everything seemed to go well - however, then things got dicey. The HR rep sent an email saying she needed references in order to proceed to the next step. I explained I was concerned about providing references from my current employer since they were not aware I was searching for another job. She assured me that she would NOT contact my current employer unless I received and accepted an offer from them. They made it seem like they did want to proceed to an offer so trusting her I gave her 3 references, all from my current employer, all with titles and company name next to them. One week later I found out she had contacted all of my references without informing me.

The rep told me she "accidentally" thought my references were from past employers, even though the company name was clearly indicated next to each contact. This lack of attention to detail not only put me in an awkward situation at work but put my job at jeopardy.

While the HR rep was trying to touch base with my references, I received a time sensitive offer from another company. Saggezza was my preference so I informed them of my offer and timeline. Days passed, and eventually even the deadline for the other opportunity when I finally heard back from her that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Unfortunately this process ended up damaging my reputation with my current employers and ultimately resulted in being forced to go part time. While I have the utmost respect for the team I interviewed with, the incompetence of this HR representative certainly made me think twice about this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saggezza in June 2014.

Interview

I met with three members of the management team, COO, VP Client Services, and VP Sales. The interviews went well. I then met with the VP of Client Services for a face-to-face interview. Overall the process went smooth. It was a process that took a couple months.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions. But I suppose being able to verbally translate how many of my skills were applicable to "selling" was the question I prepared for the most...and as I expected, I was asked about my sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was confident a job offer was coming. I researched salary ranges for this type of job. When the offer came, I gratefully thanked them for the offer and requested 24 hours to consider it. The next day I provided a counter offer. The company made it's counter offer (which I completely expected) and I accepted it.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza.

Interview

Phone screen, interview with one of developer, on site. Most of the questions asked were behavioral (tell me about a time when...). There were hardly any technical questions. They highly value candidate with people skill than their techical background. During the group interview I felt that other candidate were of lower quality. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do consulting right after I graduated and after this interview I know for a fact that I do not want to do consulting.

Low pay, consulting