Saggezza Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saggezza

2.8

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted about a month after I applied for the position by an HR rep, where we went through the basic "get to know you" interview. I talked about my experience and skills, as well as why I believed this position was right for me.

The next week, I was told that they wanted to move forward with a technical interview with one of the developers. This was done on CoderPad, and I had 30 minutes to solve one problem. As long as you can explain your thought process and write out the code fairly well, you should be fine. I made a few minor mistakes, but because I explained my thought process, I was told that I would move on to the next round.

The next round had me speaking with one of the project managers, where he walked me through what it was like to work on his team, such as the methodologies that they follow, languages they use, etc. After he explained everything, he asked me if that seems like an environment that I would be willing to work in. I said yes, and he said I could move on to the next round.

The final round was an onsite interview at their Chicago office. It was about 2 hours, and I spoke with 2 HR reps, a developer, and the COO. Everyone was very nice, and I felt comfortable throughout the entire interview. About a week after that interview, I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• One coderpad question. It was a fairly simple question that I had previously encountered in college. If you know OOP, you will be fine   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Received a email from the HR. The email was asking whether I'm ready for relocation in a rude way. Said okie and Given first round of interview. Got selected and second was on on-site. I stay far away from the company. I wasn't able to travel and asked for remote interview. HR agreed but no response after that. I dono how can a company like this expect a candidate to spend $500 to just attend the interview. Horrible reviews about the salary, benefits and work ethics. I have spent 2 days to complete the first interview (coding). There is no need to select a remote candidate of you cant reimburse or can't schedule a remote interview. Not every candidate has the capability to come on their own.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

First they screened my resume and gave me a coding test on Hackerrank which consisted of 10 questions. I passed that, then there was a video interview in which I had to solve a coding problem on Coderpad, I also passed that. The HR asked for my resume again after that, The next day they email me and tells me that the client needs a more experienced candidate when the position was for an Associate Software Engineer.
    Highly unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• There were 10 hackerrank problems   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I was invited to apply through my university's career services and I did so. The initial phone interview was a short 20 minute "get to know you" with HR that lead to an hour long phone interview a week later with a recruiter. I expected technical questions, though there were about a dozen behavioral questions with one vague technical question about how one might test an application. This led to a 5 hour on-site interview with about a dozen other candidates. All but a half an hour of this was them telling me about the company - lots of hearing from employees and talking about projects and culture and what your training would be like. The half an hour interview at the end was essentially a "resume" interview ("I see you did this, talk about it"), no technical questions.

I must admit the lunch they took us to was nice - an Italian place with killer bread.

Interview Questions

• During the behavioral phone interview I was asked two nearly identical questions (both about sharing examples of leadership) back to back which through me off. So I'd recommend having a couple stories ready to go.   Answer Question

I was lukewarm about consulting, and the on-site interview solidified that for me. But also, during the group interview, I got the sense that my fellow candidates were of lower quality than fellow candidates at other interviews. And throughout the interview process, there was not a single technical question (well maybe half of one question) for what appeared to be a programming job. I got the sense I could find somewhere else with a higher quality of devs.

The offer, while I wouldn't consider it overwhelmingly low (it's about what I expected to end up with going into my search), was decidedly lower than all of my other offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone with a recruiter, and continued a in-person interview with the district manager followed up with a group interview with a senior software engineer and a senior consultant. Group interview seemed unorganized and unprepared, despite the intelligence conveyed by the two employees. Skill test involved a application to be written in java followed by a critique by their senior staff.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

1) Phone Screened with HR
    2) Phone Screened with Hiring Manager
    3) In-Person Interview with Hiring Manager and 2 other people
    4) Phone Screened with CFO
    5) In-Person Interview with COO

i would say the it started well with the HR team and the hiring manager and CFO. It went downhill at the last interview with the COO. Firstly, the COO is very rude. He asked questions that had nothing to do with the job or my background. He cut me off mid sentence every time I tried to answer his questions. He was also very condescending.

I tried to reach out the HR after my interview to see the progress of my application and the HR generalist told me she would get back to me - it's been over a week. A simple "we are moving on with other candidates" or whatever general reason would have sufficed. I'm not bitter I didn't get an offer but I would have appreciated a notice that I wasn't selected. I like my current job at the moment, I was just trying to see what options are out there.

I also want to note that one of the people I interviewed with was very frank (which I respected) and mentioned that the company's financials didn't do well in 2015 and that the turnover is hurting the company.

I feel very bad writing a negative interview because there were some employees I interviewed with that were genuinely nice people; however, they are being led by bad leadership.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interview process was smooth, met with three separate people. First interview was over the phone, second two were in person. i was then offered a position a few days later.

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an interview with a top level exec who did not seem to be interested in exploring my skills and looking for a possible fit. He seemed to have a different agenda. He wasted my time.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I was contacted by Recruiting about an opportunity, after which I had a basic screening interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with a VP that covered resume history as well as behavioral and situational interview questions. Later, I had a phone interview with C-suite leadership and did an office visit to meet a number of folks. I was made an offer shortly thereafter and accepted.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted application/resume online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone screen with HR. Phone screen was brief and was mostly just questions on experience, background, etc - the normal screening questions.

Next step was a phone interview with an SVP - I believe he was remote so therefore not based out of the Chicago HQ office. Talked about my work experience, he talked at length about the opportunity and the role they're looking to fill. I walked away from this experience feeling informed about the job expectations and the company in general. The interview was more conversation style versus rapid fire questions with awkward silences. All in all, a positive experience. Lasted about an hour.

Final step was an on-site to their Chicago HQ. Multiple interviews were arranged by HR on a Friday morning:

(1) Behavioral interview - conducted by HR coordinator. Mostly there to answer any questions and provide a general overview of Saggezza, what they do, etc. I wouldn't say it was really an interview...just an introduction/Q&A type of interaction (where I provide the Q's). Lasted about 20 minutes.

(2) Technical interview - conducted by a junior developer. It was a whiteboard session where a DB was presented to me and I wrote queries for 15 different scenarios. Questions started out basic and then went into more complex joins and usage of built in funcitons (DATE, etc). In general it was good although there was some confusion since I have worked in a variety of different DB where syntax and functions differ. So the way a date is parsed in one DB versus another can look very different. The session seemed to be more appropriate for a developer type of role but worked well to determine SQL proficiency. Lasted about 30-45 minutes

(3) Manager interview - conducted by another SVP, the hiring manager. Started with a description of the role, some background on Saggezza and their product strategy. I walked through my background, project experiences, etc. Very interactive, some open ended questions, one that stuck out was "What is your definition of a successful project?". Trick question. It was a great conversation but did not walk away feeling like there was a connection. Lasted about 45 minutes.

Two weeks passed and eventually received the "Thanks but no thanks" email. During this time communication was honest and open which was very much appreciated. So although I didn't land the job I did feel that it was a positive experience. From beginning to end it lasted about a month.