Saggezza Manager Role Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saggezza

1 Interview Review

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saggezza (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted application/resume online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone screen with HR. Phone screen was brief and was mostly just questions on experience, background, etc - the normal screening questions.

Next step was a phone interview with an SVP - I believe he was remote so therefore not based out of the Chicago HQ office. Talked about my work experience, he talked at length about the opportunity and the role they're looking to fill. I walked away from this experience feeling informed about the job expectations and the company in general. The interview was more conversation style versus rapid fire questions with awkward silences. All in all, a positive experience. Lasted about an hour.

Final step was an on-site to their Chicago HQ. Multiple interviews were arranged by HR on a Friday morning:

(1) Behavioral interview - conducted by HR coordinator. Mostly there to answer any questions and provide a general overview of Saggezza, what they do, etc. I wouldn't say it was really an interview...just an introduction/Q&A type of interaction (where I provide the Q's). Lasted about 20 minutes.

(2) Technical interview - conducted by a junior developer. It was a whiteboard session where a DB was presented to me and I wrote queries for 15 different scenarios. Questions started out basic and then went into more complex joins and usage of built in funcitons (DATE, etc). In general it was good although there was some confusion since I have worked in a variety of different DB where syntax and functions differ. So the way a date is parsed in one DB versus another can look very different. The session seemed to be more appropriate for a developer type of role but worked well to determine SQL proficiency. Lasted about 30-45 minutes

(3) Manager interview - conducted by another SVP, the hiring manager. Started with a description of the role, some background on Saggezza and their product strategy. I walked through my background, project experiences, etc. Very interactive, some open ended questions, one that stuck out was "What is your definition of a successful project?". Trick question. It was a great conversation but did not walk away feeling like there was a connection. Lasted about 45 minutes.

Two weeks passed and eventually received the "Thanks but no thanks" email. During this time communication was honest and open which was very much appreciated. So although I didn't land the job I did feel that it was a positive experience. From beginning to end it lasted about a month.

Interview Questions