Saia LTL Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saia LTL Freight

2.2

Inside Sales Representative/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Had a short phone interview with the manager, was sent a personality test after, and then a face to face the next day. I did not get a good vibe about the company when speaking with the manager. He flat out told me that the youngest person working here is 24 years old, and he does not like to hire anyone younger than that, especially people who are straight out of college. He then told me about how he has had to fire several people who did not "meet his expectations", and then he told me that the start date was barely a week from the interview- so no two week notice for my current job. His reasoning for this was,"When you give your notice and you're a sales rep, the company wants you out asap anyway". Not a good sign when your potential boss openly acknowledges that he is an ageist, doesn't mind firing you, and would show you little to no respect if you decide to part ways.

Interview Questions

• I was requested to role play a sales call with the interviewing manager.   Answer Question

Night Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Boise, ID) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted for an interview. Came in for a group introduction to the company and testing to see if I qualified for a second interview. After passing the test, came in to second interview which was more of a meet and greet with upper management to see if I wanted the job and to get my papers to take a drug test. Was offered the job. Management was straight forward but nice. Work environment was casual and quiet.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was being tested although I don't recall any specific questions as they were all unfamiliar to me. Nothing in the interview was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The shift you work and salary were all predetermined prior to going into the interview so there was not much to negotiate. The company however was a little flexible with my start and end times.

Part Time Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Vernon, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was offered the job, and than was told two weeks later the positions had been taken.

Negotiation

horrible

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight.

Interview

Came in spoke to the dock supervisor. was asked about experience working on the dock. drove forklift,stacked and unstacked skids. Was asked could I pass a drug test and background check

Negotiation

none base starting pay

Material Handler/Forklift Operator Interview

Interview

I keep trying to get an application but the page does not come up. Says there is an error. I have experience with UPS as a forklift operator. I am looking for part-time work and an opportunity to work in the Mount Joy PA terminal

Interview Questions

• where can I go to fill out an application   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online, It took almost a year before I was contacted; you have to resubmit after six months. I received a call and then scheduled an interview. Make sure you lay all cards on the table, they will know more than you do about driving records.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to it, they tell you how the payscale works and if you agree, you take the job.

City Pick Up and Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Kansas City, MO) in June 2011.

Interview

The basic interview process focused primarily on my experience as a driver and my driving record. We discussed some knowledge of the city and what my experience with different companies. Then we discussed the responsibilities I would be taking on at Saia. Interviews for driving jobs pretty much follow the same pattern.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency. Initial interview was non traditional. We went over my resume and past work experience. I wasnt asked any dorky interview questions. we actually had a conversation and discussed the transportation industry as a whole.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked what were my salary requirements.

Part Time Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saia LTL Freight (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions, followed up by back ground check, drug screening, physical and a three-day tanning process. Nothing was done online or over the phone. Everything was done in person. The physical was just a simple evaluation of your over all healh like vision, balance and reflexes.

Interview Questions

Interview

The whole process took about a month. I submitted my resume and was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview at the end of which an in person interview was scheduled. The day after the in person they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Salary was competitive, however.