KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Sainsbury’s Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,967 of over 1,967.0 interviews

Employee Referral2%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Sainsbury’s

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sainsbury’s in Jul 2022

Interview

Interview itself was very standard and quick just a few scenario based questions and questions on availability. Waited in the staff room for my interview for almost half an hour, interviewer was cold which might have been due to nerves, and barely looked at me the whole time apart from when it had finished. Whole experience was a bit weird.

Interview Questions
  • If a customer needed help and you were already having a conversation with the manager what would you do?
    Answer Question

Sainsbury’s

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

Quick 15 minute interview, discussed previous experience but was not required and walked around the store. Manager I spoke to was very chatty and was a very informal interview, mostly trying to gauge if I was able to do the job. Was offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Sainsbury’s

Join the conversation on

Londoners in Consulting

1y

works at

Sainsbury's

Hi all, Got a bit of an odd request. I'm a Project Manager at Sainsbury's based in Holborn and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a tour of their London Big4 office?? I've never been in their office and I would like to visualise what I'm striving for. Willing to meet up for a coffee before hand or have an initial call. Coffee's on me! TIA

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Sainsbury’s

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

Quite a vigorous and in depth process, at the end there is a test. There is a panel of interviewers and the interview lasted around 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sainsbury’s

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

got a phone call about my application to schedule an interview. dress smart casual. arrived on the day and taken into room and asked questions, scenario questions as well as questions about you and the company. asked about your availability

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sainsbury’s

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

Easy, just personal questions about yourself and the general why do you want to work for us question you get at every interview, overall very easy but not a place i recommend to work for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sainsbury’s

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

In-person interview with the department manager asking how I would react to different scenarios, for example, if a customer was looking for a product and you didn't know where to find it.

Interview Questions
  • A customer is looking for a product but you don't know where to find it. What would you do?

Sainsbury’s

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

The process after completing the online tasks was a quite quick, and I shortly had an interview booked. They asked the general team work and personal skills questions. After a few days I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you received or gave excellent customer service.

Sainsbury’s

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s

Interview

The interview was not hard, basic questions were asked and staff were nice and welcoming. research Sainsbury's, know why you want to work there and have questions you want to ask ready

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London Colney, England

Application

I interviewed at Sainsbury’s (London Colney, England)

Interview

It was fine, they brought me in and asked about who I was as a person, cliche questions like when was a time I worked as a team, etc. They were nice and friendly so that was good

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sainsbury’s (Manchester, England)

Interview

Excellent process and well organised. Would recommend working in this team. They made me feel relaxed and asked relevant questions followed by a practical Q and A style exam with some real world case studies.

Interview Questions
  • They wanted to understand my technical skills. The test was pretty standard
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,967 Interviews

Sainsbury’s Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Sainsbury’s as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.30 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Assistant and Customer Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for General Assistant and Online Shopper roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Sainsbury’s takes an average of 13 days when considering 90 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Sales Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Sainsbury’s according to 90 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 28.90%