Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center Interview Questions

1.8

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

It was fine - everyone is very friendly, not intimidating. Did a tour of the hospital and met some of the staff. The staff is very nice and informative. The interviewer left me with the staff for a few so I could ask questions about the job. Overall a good experience. I only met 1-2 doctors that were on staff - that you do not work closely with unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center.

Interview

Short meeting with two people. Easy math test. Walk around department. Typical HR questions. Nothing about my qualifications. It lasted about 35 minutes. I had prepared a resume, but they didn't really look at it. Bring your national certification and state registry paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Time you didn't get along with coworkers. How did you resolve that situation. Strengths and Weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anesthesia Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I went for my interview and was hired the same day, because of my experience from my past job. I had 9 years at Hartford Hospital as an Anesthesia tech.

Interview Questions

• How well do I work with others   1 Answer

Mental Health Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (Hartford, CT).

Interview

apply online
    in person interview with nurse manager
    background check
    drug testing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can negotiate if you have a degree

Per Diem Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (Hartford, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview started with Human Resources Personnel. Content of resume was reviewed, focused on experiences. This took about 30 minutes. After the HR interview, I was directed to meet the Nurse Manager of the department. There, I met the NM and Team Leader of the department. Again, the focus was my job experiences, not so much of an interview. I was given a tour of the unit and introduced to some staff.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a Per Diem position, no questions were asked, experiences described on the resume were discussed.   Answer Question

Student Nurse Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center.

Interview

Contacted by HR to offer an on site interview. Day of interviews met with HR/Nurse recruiter, she gave me an overview of the hospital and a quick tour. Then I met with nurse manager on the floor I applied to, and shadowed an RN for an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center in April 2011.

Interview

Responded to an opening listed on the hospital's jobs website. Initially interviewed for two positions via a phone interview. The manager was very prompt about getting back to me. I had one series on on-site interviews that was with the manager and then the Clinical Ancillary team. The manager was very effective in interviewing me using scenario based questions and open ended questions. He was looking for specific behaviors, skills and experience. The team was much less adept at interviewing. They provided the answers they were looking for me to provide during the interview. They did provide me a great sense of the culture, team and team expectations.

Interview Questions

• Overall the questions were not too difficult or challenging. Questions from the team where I had no experience were the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made and offer for less that I accepted. I countered and was met in the middle with a starting salary of $98,000 USD.