Saint-Gobain Abrasives Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saint-Gobain Abrasives

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a 4 person (marathon) process over a single day. It focused primarily on how my skills would integrate well into the desired position. In addition, the interview focused primarily on your personable skills.

Interview Questions

Interview

Made an appointment with HR representative through school of business. Was a very informal conversation

Interview Questions

• I was unsure of the structure of the interview since it was informal   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

I heard back from the company about a week after submitting my résumé online to schedule the standard telephone interview. Within a few days of the interview, I was told I had been selected to come on site for interviews with some additional management folks . Overall, the people were friendly and didn't ask too many tough questions. The building itself is a bit run down looking and part of the campus has been sold to a school , which makes for an interesting first impression. There were a few other people interviewing for the same role. We all met in a conference room and they handed us each our own interview schedule to meet with the various individuals. We had lunch as a group at the end of the interviews...which was sort of an unofficial interview to check the social skills of each candidate, as sales people must be socially apt.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very standard questions, primarily focusing on your résumé. The trainings manager asked questions such as "tell me about a time when you faced a conflict and how you handled the situation"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took more or less one month, very smooth and great contacts from HR Managers to Hiring Managers. They take care of their future employees as soon as they see some potential in the candidate. Very positive experience overall.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by once by the manager and a second time with the director. They asked about my experience I listed on my resume. They also asked me to describe myself. After they gave me a tour of the facility. I thought it was an easy process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stephenville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Stephenville, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with a Human Resources manager then interviewed in front of about six supervisors for that location. Everyone was very nice and the interview went really well.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives.

Interview

Three face to face interviews with the management staff. Mostly conversational with a few questions about my background. Each interview was an hour long.One interviewer had a product made by the company on his desk and asked me to ask questions about it in order to then understand how I would position it in the market place. Interviewers gave me the opportunity to ask alot of questions about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself. Describe a time you over came a challenge. What projects have you worked on previously that may relate to this job. Why are you interested in this position.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watervliet, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Watervliet, NY).

Interview

pretty standard. started with a phone screen, went to an in person interview and then a couple weeks later I had a third interview where we went to dinner as a group (5 or so people). They were a little pushy when it came to making a decision but other than that it was normal.

Interview Questions

• if given a specific product right off the bat, how would I determine pricing   Answer Question

Senior Buyer and Logistic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Positive and professional people.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job?   1 Answer
    • What could you not do in your last/previous job that you wanted to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional

Industrial Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

very easy and low key, had 2 phone interviews with HR and the person that would be my boss, very low key, nice