Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met representative at career fair, called in for an interview a few weeks later, interview was with 4 engineers from different departments, received an offer a few weeks (about 2 weeks) after the interview

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Northborough, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a dozen people. Make sure your deodorant lasts.
    You will be waiting a lot in the sunny lobby in between interviewers. With 12 or more people, there will always be someone running late. Have MANY MANY extra copies of your resume. Most of them will not have read it until you hand it to them.

Interview Questions

• Asked to draw some circuits. Mostly they want to know your personality. No myers-briggs nonsence, just lots of different people gut checking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The Company was previously union, and at the time salaries were standardized. Standardized low. Benefits were good though.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Livonia, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interview. 1st round was an interactive online video answering rendering round, which was very new concept to me. 2nd round was a telephonic interview with my prospective supervisor. 3rd round was an in-person interview with business development manager (colleague). 4th round was in person interview with the supervisor himself. The 5th round was a telephonic interview with the supervisor's supervisor!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to change my job from an OEM to supplier company?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview . Asked some personal and academic related questions. Then asked questions related to skills and general questions like strengths and weakness, why this company and this position, any related experience to this position etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with sales team for proposals and customers taking quotations ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Phone Interview. All fit questions. Mainly on my background and what was expected of me throughout the summer. After talking about myself, the interviewer provided information about their background and about the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

One telephone "fit" interview and then one site visit interview which included a tour and 3 additional interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and a genuine interest in me as a person

I will say this-- the interview on location made me really excited about the company. The Performance Plastics team at Gaithersburg is a really cohesive team, and I left the interview genuinely excited at the idea of working there. Although I didn't accept their offer, it was an extremely difficult decision and I wish my circumstances were different and I could work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking on a project on your own?
      Without getting political, is Kelly Anne Conway good at her job?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quite an intense process. 2 Personal Interviews and 2 In-person. In-person were all panel interviews (4 and 6). More of an cultural fit assessment and not too technical for the most part.

The 4 rounds happened over 4 weeks. But it was very unprofessional of the company that they didn't care to provide a decision until I reached out to them after 5 weeks of the final round. They did not even offer to proved a reimbursement for the commute considering it is located in the interiors. I have interviewed with much smaller companies that offer reimbursement. Pathetic!

Interview Questions

• Why SG? Behavioral Questions. They play devils advocate in a few situations. Very good interview experience.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Northborough, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I gave a technical presentation after first met the group leader in the morning, followed by HR, site manager, engineers in the group. They paid for the lunch and the lunch was with a few member of the group, mostly the technicians. It took a whole day but they were very friendly and kindly to me. Most of the questions were about technical part and communications.

Interview Questions

• Which work do you like better? Sitting in front of computers analyzing datas, or operating equipments to run test?   1 Answer

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mickleton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Mickleton, NJ).

Interview

Consisted on phone interviews at various levels of the organization within Human Reosurces, face to face interviews with various managers with the Operational function at the plant I was interviewing for. The time from interview to offer was a bit long, but understandable as there were multiple interviews at mulitple levels and they had to connect with each other. Very thorough and detailed information requested up front for background, education verifications which was refreshing. It good to know that a Company is doing its due dilengence up front.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy. No complaints

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

In this case they were using an outside reccruitment agency. Applied online via their services then original contact happened 4 days later via email/phone. Initial conversation was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with HR and Engineering manager. Second interview included going over your work portfolio and answering basic questions in a presentation format to about 8 people. They were very courteous and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• Go over your background and qualifications. State you accomplishments, state your strenghts/weaknesses. Why do you think that you are good candidate for the position.   1 Answer