Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met representative at career fair, called in for an interview a few weeks later, interview was with 4 engineers from different departments, received an offer a few weeks (about 2 weeks) after the interview

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

In this case they were using an outside reccruitment agency. Applied online via their services then original contact happened 4 days later via email/phone. Initial conversation was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with HR and Engineering manager. Second interview included going over your work portfolio and answering basic questions in a presentation format to about 8 people. They were very courteous and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• Go over your background and qualifications. State you accomplishments, state your strenghts/weaknesses. Why do you think that you are good candidate for the position.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quite an intense process. 2 Personal Interviews and 2 In-person. In-person were all panel interviews (4 and 6). More of an cultural fit assessment and not too technical for the most part.

The 4 rounds happened over 4 weeks. But it was very unprofessional of the company that they didn't care to provide a decision until I reached out to them after 5 weeks of the final round. They did not even offer to proved a reimbursement for the commute considering it is located in the interiors. I have interviewed with much smaller companies that offer reimbursement. Pathetic!

Interview Questions

• Why SG? Behavioral Questions. They play devils advocate in a few situations. Very good interview experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

One telephone "fit" interview and then one site visit interview which included a tour and 3 additional interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and a genuine interest in me as a person

I will say this-- the interview on location made me really excited about the company. The Performance Plastics team at Gaithersburg is a really cohesive team, and I left the interview genuinely excited at the idea of working there. Although I didn't accept their offer, it was an extremely difficult decision and I wish my circumstances were different and I could work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking on a project on your own?
      Without getting political, is Kelly Anne Conway good at her job?   Answer Question

EHSManager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoosick Falls, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Hoosick Falls, NY).

Interview

Process was grueling. All morning, every 30 minutes, I met with a different department manager. We had lunch with 8 managers and then I had to provide a formal presentation for 20 minutes with about 20 people in attendance. The group then asked me questions about my project, data, etc After that, I met with the global director and regional manager for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you were able to overcome obstacles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics had the quickest turn around time from an interview process I've ever experienced. From interview to hire was under a month unlike other companies who really draw the process out. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions went, they had you speak to multiple division managers so you could learn about all aspects of the company.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a defective part and asked me to speculate on how it happened and my thought process behind resolving the issue.   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It went pretty smoothly. When you show up they have you dial the interviewers extension from the lobby. They come get you after you sign in and put a visitors badge on. In the office they ask you some general questions and eventually narrow it down. They mostly like to know if you have the minimum skill required because others can be taught. But also how you interact with others to see if you're the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation I have had to deal with?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in September 2014.

Interview

I found the position on Indeed.com and applied directly online through their website. After only a couple of days i was contacted via email by the Talent and Development Manager to set up a phone screening. My phone screening was the next day after i was contacted, and my in person interview was about a week later. The process moved very quickly and efficiently.

Interview Questions

• For the in person interview most of the questions were based off of projects/ responsibilities from my previous experiences listed on my resume. Not many 'standard' questions were asked besides "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mickleton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Mickleton, NJ).

Interview

Consisted on phone interviews at various levels of the organization within Human Reosurces, face to face interviews with various managers with the Operational function at the plant I was interviewing for. The time from interview to offer was a bit long, but understandable as there were multiple interviews at mulitple levels and they had to connect with each other. Very thorough and detailed information requested up front for background, education verifications which was refreshing. It good to know that a Company is doing its due dilengence up front.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy. No complaints

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

I went through (3) prescreening interviews with the headhunter and a phone interview with the hiring manager prior to being brought on site for a panel interview with the hiring manager, hr manager, r&d manager and production manager. The site was old (1950s) and team brought little to make you want to work there.