Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions

Interviews at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Dysfunctional interview process. I was approached by three separate recruiters within the company. I attempted to apply online for the open position, but the applicant tracking software (ATS) would not allow me to enter a phone number. I tried using different web browsers with no luck. If this is occurring with other candidates, I can see this becoming an EEOC liability issue. The recruiter scheduled a time for a phone interview, but the day of the call the recruiter was late by 40 minutes because they were viewing a webinar. I was annoyed because I had scheduled time away from my current job and had to go back to work. Before the initial phone interview, I had downloaded a copy of the job description for the open position. However, during a phone interview, the recruiter was asking me questions not related to the job. When I asked the recruiter if they had a copy of the job description, they answered no. In addition, the recruiter was talking on their speaker phone which made it difficult to understand because there was a loud echo in the recruiters' office. Also, the recruiter was using words that did not make sense and was blabbering mindlessly. I have been in HR for many years and have never experienced such a dysfunctional interview process. In my opinion, this recruiter tarnished the Saint-Gobain company name and HR department.

Interview Questions

• List some of the accomplishments you are most proud of at your last job.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview . Asked some personal and academic related questions. Then asked questions related to skills and general questions like strengths and weakness, why this company and this position, any related experience to this position etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with sales team for proposals and customers taking quotations ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Phone Interview. All fit questions. Mainly on my background and what was expected of me throughout the summer. After talking about myself, the interviewer provided information about their background and about the company.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!! The management and recruiting team came off very nice on phone screens and follow up e-mails. Was flown to San Diego for a one day face-to-face interview, and when I arrived, everything changed. Never showed me the plant or processes. Made me wait in the lobby for more than an hour, and then they didn't even know I was there, even though I contacted the front desk there and told them who I was. Then I met with the HR rep who spent about 30 min with me, had me have lunch with the production manager, and then it was "see you later."

They told me to save my receipts and mail any costs incurred (such as taxi's and ground transportation), and 2 months later, not only have they NOT paid, but have not answered any phone calls or e-mails whatsoever.

I knew something was up when they told me that turnover was ~ 20% at the plant, and that "they're trying to change the culture there with a bunch of people that have been there for 20 years and are resistant to new ideas." Given the way they handled my interview, I can understand why nobody would want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked on a project?   1 Answer
    • I asked them "what is your process flow?"   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Livonia, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interview. 1st round was an interactive online video answering rendering round, which was very new concept to me. 2nd round was a telephonic interview with my prospective supervisor. 3rd round was an in-person interview with business development manager (colleague). 4th round was in person interview with the supervisor himself. The 5th round was a telephonic interview with the supervisor's supervisor!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to change my job from an OEM to supplier company?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

In this case they were using an outside reccruitment agency. Applied online via their services then original contact happened 4 days later via email/phone. Initial conversation was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with HR and Engineering manager. Second interview included going over your work portfolio and answering basic questions in a presentation format to about 8 people. They were very courteous and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• Go over your background and qualifications. State you accomplishments, state your strenghts/weaknesses. Why do you think that you are good candidate for the position.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quite an intense process. 2 Personal Interviews and 2 In-person. In-person were all panel interviews (4 and 6). More of an cultural fit assessment and not too technical for the most part.

The 4 rounds happened over 4 weeks. But it was very unprofessional of the company that they didn't care to provide a decision until I reached out to them after 5 weeks of the final round. They did not even offer to proved a reimbursement for the commute considering it is located in the interiors. I have interviewed with much smaller companies that offer reimbursement. Pathetic!

Interview Questions

• Why SG? Behavioral Questions. They play devils advocate in a few situations. Very good interview experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

One telephone "fit" interview and then one site visit interview which included a tour and 3 additional interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and a genuine interest in me as a person

I will say this-- the interview on location made me really excited about the company. The Performance Plastics team at Gaithersburg is a really cohesive team, and I left the interview genuinely excited at the idea of working there. Although I didn't accept their offer, it was an extremely difficult decision and I wish my circumstances were different and I could work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking on a project on your own?
      Without getting political, is Kelly Anne Conway good at her job?   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Clearwater, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was fast and precise. Was interviewed b a panel consisting of HR Manager, Production manager and supervisors. It was normal interview based on basic work related etiquette and some technical questions related to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any production related disagreement with your manager during your previous job? If yes, how did you handled that?   Answer Question

Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Portage, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer from the staffing agency was extremely polite, informed me of a lot of rules of Saint Gobain before I was even hired. Understood reasoning's to leave previous jobs.