Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met representative at career fair, called in for an interview a few weeks later, interview was with 4 engineers from different departments, received an offer a few weeks (about 2 weeks) after the interview

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview . Asked some personal and academic related questions. Then asked questions related to skills and general questions like strengths and weakness, why this company and this position, any related experience to this position etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with sales team for proposals and customers taking quotations ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Phone Interview. All fit questions. Mainly on my background and what was expected of me throughout the summer. After talking about myself, the interviewer provided information about their background and about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Livonia, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interview. 1st round was an interactive online video answering rendering round, which was very new concept to me. 2nd round was a telephonic interview with my prospective supervisor. 3rd round was an in-person interview with business development manager (colleague). 4th round was in person interview with the supervisor himself. The 5th round was a telephonic interview with the supervisor's supervisor!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to change my job from an OEM to supplier company?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

In this case they were using an outside reccruitment agency. Applied online via their services then original contact happened 4 days later via email/phone. Initial conversation was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with HR and Engineering manager. Second interview included going over your work portfolio and answering basic questions in a presentation format to about 8 people. They were very courteous and knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• Go over your background and qualifications. State you accomplishments, state your strenghts/weaknesses. Why do you think that you are good candidate for the position.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quite an intense process. 2 Personal Interviews and 2 In-person. In-person were all panel interviews (4 and 6). More of an cultural fit assessment and not too technical for the most part.

The 4 rounds happened over 4 weeks. But it was very unprofessional of the company that they didn't care to provide a decision until I reached out to them after 5 weeks of the final round. They did not even offer to proved a reimbursement for the commute considering it is located in the interiors. I have interviewed with much smaller companies that offer reimbursement. Pathetic!

Interview Questions

• Why SG? Behavioral Questions. They play devils advocate in a few situations. Very good interview experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

One telephone "fit" interview and then one site visit interview which included a tour and 3 additional interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and a genuine interest in me as a person

I will say this-- the interview on location made me really excited about the company. The Performance Plastics team at Gaithersburg is a really cohesive team, and I left the interview genuinely excited at the idea of working there. Although I didn't accept their offer, it was an extremely difficult decision and I wish my circumstances were different and I could work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking on a project on your own?
      Without getting political, is Kelly Anne Conway good at her job?   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Clearwater, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was fast and precise. Was interviewed b a panel consisting of HR Manager, Production manager and supervisors. It was normal interview based on basic work related etiquette and some technical questions related to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any production related disagreement with your manager during your previous job? If yes, how did you handled that?   Answer Question

EHSManager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoosick Falls, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Hoosick Falls, NY).

Interview

Process was grueling. All morning, every 30 minutes, I met with a different department manager. We had lunch with 8 managers and then I had to provide a formal presentation for 20 minutes with about 20 people in attendance. The group then asked me questions about my project, data, etc After that, I met with the global director and regional manager for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you were able to overcome obstacles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics had the quickest turn around time from an interview process I've ever experienced. From interview to hire was under a month unlike other companies who really draw the process out. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions went, they had you speak to multiple division managers so you could learn about all aspects of the company.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a defective part and asked me to speculate on how it happened and my thought process behind resolving the issue.   1 Answer