Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

2.8

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Garden Grove, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

thru a recruiter to obtain the job. a whole day interview process. meeting with various engineers and managers.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

They did a couple of phone interviews, then they paid for my trip out of state for the interview. the whole process was a bit slow, they did not want to even match my salary.

Interview Questions

• They went through my resume line by line and asked me to explain everything. So for those of you who have been out of high school for a while brush up on what you did there!   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in February 2013.

Interview

Contacted me via social media.
    Called me for an interview in a different state (paid all expenses).
    Interview included a tour of the facility and explnation of the business.

Interview Questions

• What would I wear when working from home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Painful. They were very slow and did not want to give me comparable salary.

Purchasing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Puyallup, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

standard phone interview by HR and hiring manager; followed by onsite interview by group of managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated for additional one week vacation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics had the quickest turn around time from an interview process I've ever experienced. From interview to hire was under a month unlike other companies who really draw the process out. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions went, they had you speak to multiple division managers so you could learn about all aspects of the company.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a defective part and asked me to speculate on how it happened and my thought process behind resolving the issue.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ravenna, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Ravenna, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

I was working for them as a temp and asked to wait for an interview. After waiting an hour after my shift was over, I was called into office where the interviewer proceeded to make me wait another 15 minutes. During this time the interviewer tapped at his key board and made some phone calls. What followed was a hostile interview where it wound up with me leaving fairly sure that I would be terminated the next day. The next day, H.R. hired me and told me the interview was designed to see how I held up under pressure.

Interview Questions

• I was told I should be following the methods of my predecessor which I had already clearly rejected based on unscientific principles and practices.   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Clearwater, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process is relatively comprehensive. Candidates interview with multiple managers from different departments. Director level management will interview candidates as well. The questions are straight forward and very direct. Different managers use different interviewing techniques with some using situational and other using direct questions about experience.
    Hiring is a bit of a process. Extensive background checks cause at least 2 week delays in start dates. All details of prior employment and education will be verified.

Interview Questions

• Expect questions on details of experiences. Expect questions about prior performance reviews. Expect answers to be picked apart to understand the extent of knowledge or experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were relatively easy. There was more flexibility on vacation time versus salary. Benefits are straight forward.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Clearwater, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was fast and precise. Was interviewed b a panel consisting of HR Manager, Production manager and supervisors. It was normal interview based on basic work related etiquette and some technical questions related to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any production related disagreement with your manager during your previous job? If yes, how did you handled that?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

I went through (3) prescreening interviews with the headhunter and a phone interview with the hiring manager prior to being brought on site for a panel interview with the hiring manager, hr manager, r&d manager and production manager. The site was old (1950s) and team brought little to make you want to work there.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Garden Grove, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, One-on-one interview with the hiring manager, followup interview with a panel of people from marketing.

I went through this process, they said they would get back to me in a few days, but they took a month to get back to me.

When they did get back to me, the offer was too low. I was VERY disappointed that they didn't bring up their extremely limited salary range earlier. They knew my salary history and expectations. This and their unprofessional lack of followup made it a negative experience overall, I felt like they were wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• No hard interview questions. They didn't have any case questions, etc.   Answer Question

The offer was way to low.