Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

2.8

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It went pretty smoothly. When you show up they have you dial the interviewers extension from the lobby. They come get you after you sign in and put a visitors badge on. In the office they ask you some general questions and eventually narrow it down. They mostly like to know if you have the minimum skill required because others can be taught. But also how you interact with others to see if you're the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation I have had to deal with?   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Aurora, OH).

Interview

I had an informal phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with my would be immediate supervisor and HR the next week. The phone interview discussed position specifics, my experience, and then because of the type of work this would entail, we discussed current social media trends and changes and how that could affect SGPPL. The in-person interview went over a lot of the same questions that we discussed in the phone interview and more detailed job specifics.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, none of the questions asked really took me by surprise. It was very open, dialogue flowed easily.   Answer Question

Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Portage, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

Filled out an application at temp service. Got called for an interview. Simple questions and a drug test were done, and started after I gave current employer my notice. Very simple process. Tour plant was done as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in September 2014.

Interview

I found the position on Indeed.com and applied directly online through their website. After only a couple of days i was contacted via email by the Talent and Development Manager to set up a phone screening. My phone screening was the next day after i was contacted, and my in person interview was about a week later. The process moved very quickly and efficiently.

Interview Questions

• For the in person interview most of the questions were based off of projects/ responsibilities from my previous experiences listed on my resume. Not many 'standard' questions were asked besides "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

EHSManager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoosick Falls, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Hoosick Falls, NY).

Interview

Process was grueling. All morning, every 30 minutes, I met with a different department manager. We had lunch with 8 managers and then I had to provide a formal presentation for 20 minutes with about 20 people in attendance. The group then asked me questions about my project, data, etc After that, I met with the global director and regional manager for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you were able to overcome obstacles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.

Interview

Dysfunctional interview process. I was approached by three separate recruiters within the company. I attempted to apply online for the open position, but the applicant tracking software (ATS) would not allow me to enter a phone number. I tried using different web browsers with no luck. If this is occurring with other candidates, I can see this becoming an EEOC liability issue. The recruiter scheduled a time for a phone interview, but the day of the call the recruiter was late by 40 minutes because they were viewing a webinar. I was annoyed because I had scheduled time away from my current job and had to go back to work. Before the initial phone interview, I had downloaded a copy of the job description for the open position. However, during a phone interview, the recruiter was asking me questions not related to the job. When I asked the recruiter if they had a copy of the job description, they answered no. In addition, the recruiter was talking on their speaker phone which made it difficult to understand because there was a loud echo in the recruiters' office. Also, the recruiter was using words that did not make sense and was blabbering mindlessly. I have been in HR for many years and have never experienced such a dysfunctional interview process. In my opinion, this recruiter tarnished the Saint-Gobain company name and HR department.

Interview Questions

• List some of the accomplishments you are most proud of at your last job.   Answer Question

Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Portage, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer from the staffing agency was extremely polite, informed me of a lot of rules of Saint Gobain before I was even hired. Understood reasoning's to leave previous jobs.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was HR, they promised the world.
    Post that a panel interview with Business Head and Senior Sales manager.
    3 weeks gap with no news inbetween, then news came that VP wants to meet.
    That he was travelling made the decide the interview will happen in Mumbai rather than Bangalore.
    For this i was promised flight tickets, which then they realised will not be appropriate at that level.
    Went back on that promise and scheduled an interview with the VP another 2 weeks later.
    VP was peeved that i did not fill up the application form with personal details, which i felt were far too personal and have no place in a business setting. He still felt i was a good fit for the culture and i got hired.
    However i was then promised by the HR on the level i would join that i would recieve benefits such as company car and flight travel allowance , which is also something they went back on.
    HR head apologised and chided HR exec for this , however nothing substantial took place post that.
    Harrowing experience in all , i still carry it with me.

Interview Questions

• Why did you change 2 companies already.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in March 2008.

Interview

Basic Aptitude Test to access the candidate.
    If this is successful, there will be a first interview of basic question and factory tour.
    If this is successful, there will be a second interview with a presentation to a large group and question answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics in April 2012.

Interview

Applied for job through temp agency, and was interviews on-site a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I never really had atypical questions asked of me in any interview.   1 Answer