Saint Luke's Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a good interview over the phone with the VP of the internal audit department, and set up an in person interview for 2 weeks later. In that time, your references are asked to fill out an online survey (This is the most important step, because if your references don't rank you high enough on the areas, you don't qualify for the job, regardless of whether you have actually had any experience in the area in question.)

Go in for the in person interview, the HR interviewer was 20 minutes late, to just tell me that my references didn't rank me high enough on areas I had no experience in (management level responsibilities), so they couldn't move forward with me. Complete waste of time, an hour round trip commute, a 30 minute wait, just to be turned away 5 minutes later.

Advise to interviewers, if the applicant is no longer qualified for the position, use the phone or email to let us know. We live in the technology age, and you're wasting everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Basic tell us about yourself, relate your past job experiences to what they are looking for. Nothing hard.   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

3 interviews! First one over the phone with talent agent, took about 30-45 min. Then one with HR in person that took and 45 min. Last with a nurse manager in person with a certain unit

Attorney Interview

Interview

Applied by email and then never heard from entity though they seem to indicate they will let you know one way or another. Entity's follow-up not impressive. Glass door keeps asking for 30 words but there isn't more to add

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in mid February and was contacted by the HR department for a phone screen. At the end of the phone screen the HR person scheduled me for an in person interview a couple of weeks later. During my in person interview I first interviewed with someone else in HR who asked me about 5 different behavioral questions. I then met with the team who I would potentially be working with. That interview consisted of team members who asked different questions- it was more of a conversation. I then submitted references through their electronic questionnaire system. I was told a decision would be made by mid-March but after trying to following-up a few times, I have not heard back either way. The experience was great from the initial phone screen to the interview but I am now left with a bad taste in my mouth as apparently Saint Luke's Health Systems does not follow-up if one is not offered the job. I do hope they consider changing this practice as an applicant gives up a lot of their time for the process so it's the least respectful thing SLHS could do.

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter called me within a week. The first phone call was a brief screening with get-to-know-you questions. I received an email later that day inviting me to come in for a 1:1 in person interview with the recruiter. For this interview, the recruiter asked me several behavioral-based questions.
    Next, I was invited via phone call to come in for a second interview with the hiring manager and 2 office coordinators. The next day, I was offered the job. The entire process took about 2 weeks. It was a positive and professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?

Describe a time you've dealt with an upset customer and how you chose to resolve the situation.

What are 3 adjectives previous managers or coworkers would use to describe you?

What will you contribute to the staff at SLHS?

Describe a difficult coworker and how you worked together to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

One hour, very casual Q&A. Panel of 4 with various titles conducted the interview. Each had a different interview style which made it difficult to know how to respond. Much more of a conversation than a formal interview. Questions were varied based on who was asking the question, got the impression they were looking more for a cultural fit than one based on skills.

Interview Questions

• If you had to teach someone to make an omelette, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Situation questions. Behavioral questions. Interviewed with HR then manager afterwards. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. I received a callback within a few days and accepted an offer for a year internship.

Patient Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System in April 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based questions to determine your response to an issue. I prefer this style because it allows you to use examples from previous employment or situations to answer questions. It also allows you and the interviewer an opportunity to get to know each other.

Interview Questions

• How would handle an irate or difficult patient or client?   1 Answer

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

They wear business casual and sometimes jeans. It was laid back interview and unstructured. I believe they base the hiring off of where you were previously employed. Directors were prior top 4 CPA firm accountants/auditors. Human Resources department can be tough to deal with during the process of interviewing and on boarding.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Luke's Health System (Kansas City, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed first with human resources, then with floor manager. They asked more personality based questions opposed to nursing skills. The human resource officer I interviewed with was very down to earth and seemed to really care

Interview Questions

• they asked questions more about my personality than about nursing   1 Answer