Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Associate Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Very fast hiring process. Interviewed with HR, Dept Head and Supervisor. Compensation, benefits were clearly communicated. Responsibilities and required hours were not clearly communicated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete case study within 24 hours. Create a new customer acquisition plan for store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Take your time in discussing what the day to day responsibilities and expectations are.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Total of 2 interviews. One with HR and one with boss. Pretty laid back interviews, Fashionable/creative dressing is fine, no need to "suit up" if that's not your style (for women)

Visual Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

I drove to Austin from Houston and was interviewed in a Starbucks on a Saturday by the visual manager. I had an hour to do a full mannequin presentation which was critiqued by the store manager and the visual manager. I wowed them.

Interview Questions

• Visual positions used to be conducted through visual means: a portfolio, a Powerpoint presentation, a recommendation from another visual associate, etc. It was your work, not how well you answered the fairly typical questions, or dropped the right keywords.   1 Answer

Negotiation

How badly do you really want the position? The money usually followed after the performance review. In a coveted position like Visual Lead, the employer doesn't have to negotiate, and believe me, they all take advantage of that.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in October 2011.

Interview

I only had 1 interview with the store director then met with HR the next day.

Negotiation

non-negotiable. Pay rate to start was $9

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in July 2007.

Interview

walked in from the street and filled out application...... I got a call backed maybe a week later. The interview process was very easy and relaxed. She just asked me questions about myself and previous employment wanted to know why you left former job. Got a call back two days later and spoke with the manager...... 2 days later got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

go in knowing your worth based on your experience because they will low ball you. got the job at 15 when everything in that department was making 17

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in June 2016.

Interview

Met with HR first, then Lead Merchandiser. At first I was nervous, but the HR rep and I had such an easy, organic conversation that I didn't even notice we had gone over our 30 minute meeting before meeting with the Lead Merchandiser. Both women were incredibly personable and friendly. The company decided to hire internally, but offered a different position. Though I declined, I am so grateful for the pleasant experience and truly enjoyed meeting the staff.

Interview Questions

• Honestly cannot remember a specific question; conversation began about the position and flowed naturally into a discussion about duties and skills requirements.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Actually, the interview for this particular position was earlier than 2009, but I did not have that choice in your selection box. I was transferring from a flagship store, (Houston) to a smaller resort store, (Austin). I had to make the initial contact through my Visual Manager, who referred me to the one in Austin. She contacted me for an interview. I drove to Austin from Houston on a Saturday morning to meet her. After the interview, I was asked to do a mannequin presentation, since the specifics of the position was for a Stylist. I completed the task in less than the hour stipulated, and both she and the store manager were well pleased with my work.
    (In order to have gotten this kind of position in Houston to begin with, I had to show my portfolio. In it, anyone can see I'm able to execute store windows, mannequins, floral arrangements, etc. I also have print work from both fashion & editorial photo shoots. I'm pretty well rounded.)

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave a flagship store for a resort size store?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Had 2 interviews - first with the HR Director and then with the Hiring Manager of the Department. Initial communications was via phone, and then email to confirm interview. The people were really nice and down to earth; a very quiet environment. They are definitely straight to the point and no BS involved.

Interview Questions

• to describe exactly what I do now in detail and question on topics I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a quick phone interview. But I think the interviewer try to put me into the sales position. She ask about opt. And I think most international student just graduate from college can go to there work as a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Whats your professional experience and why you want to work in here   Answer Question

Assets Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

One phone call and we set up a physical interview. Questions consisted of the typical team-oriented and dependability questions as well as several ethical and integrity related questions.

Salary - There were no negotiations. I was told the pay (which was less than I was currently making) and was basically told to take it or leave it. I was also under the impression this would be a big career move. Huge mistake