Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.5

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up phone interview. When it came time to speak the hr rep never called me, I wasted time waiting around. Finally he emailed me blaming it on a outlook move to lotus calendar issue. He tried to reschedule but then he stopped answering completely. Very unprofessional and rude.

Personal Styling Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR after submitting an application to a different position and they recommended that I interview for this one instead. I was supposed to interview with two different people, but only ended up meeting one. Although she was very nice, the interview was quick and she mainly told me about the position without asking me many questions about my experience.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a quick phone interview. But I think the interviewer try to put me into the sales position. She ask about opt. And I think most international student just graduate from college can go to there work as a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Whats your professional experience and why you want to work in here   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later. Interview was chill. Easy questions. Just be personable and you'll be fine. You should know a bout fashion as well. He not, you'll look stupid Dress nice too

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was asked to meet the HR representative at a local hotel.
    From the moment I sat down the interviewer's lack of interest was insulting. She showed zero interest in my business related answers. Her eyes were darting all over the place and she kept looking around. Another HR associate sat hidden behind a divider but I could see them taking notes as they listened. I was so insulted by interviewer's unprofessional behavior enough to not want to continue. I began answering her questions with "red flag" answers to see how she would respond. By "red flag" I mean answers that revolved arpund my want for a family that will obviously mean i won't be 100% devoted to Saks. Needless to say it ended pretty quick after that. The HR person behind the divider quickly came around and I heard them inappropriately making comments about my interview as I walked away.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Adjusted my schedule and prepared for an early interview since it was a conference call with their east coast office. Had a great interview, the interviewer even said she'd call me in a few days to schedule a second interview, and I never heard back from her. I think it's in extremely bad taste to lead on someone like that and make false promises.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

Met with both Dept. manager and H.R. manager after filling out many on line documents. It was a fairly easy interview and the most tedious part was filling out many on line applications/tests/personality tests etc.

Interview Questions

• The basics...tell me about your past jobs/employers. What are your best and your worst qualities. Why would you be good at this position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

STORE MERCHANDISING ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The interview was with their HR recruiter where she informed me more details about the position and asked me about my experience and why I was looking to leave my current job. I then scheduled an in person interview 2 days later with the operational manager and the merchandising manager. When I arrived I did interview with the operational manager and the merchandising manager, but I also briefly met the HR representative that did my phone interview but I also met with the floor visual manager. They all asked roughly the same questions about my experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, and why I wanted to work for Saks Fifth Avenue. After the in person interview it was basically the waiting game for about 3 weeks, but I did keep in contact with the HR representative through email and she let me know that they were still in the process of making the decision. About a month later was when I received the offer and I accepted.

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with someone in HR, immediately received an email for a video interview in which you record yourself and have a certain amount of time to answer questions. Heard back about 3 days later.

Selling Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and then two in person interviews. One with the HRM and The other with the Group Manager. They were far too concerned about volume experience, then my actual skill set.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions until we got to volume at the time I was managing about 4million which was concerning.   Answer Question