Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Interviews at Saks Fifth Avenue

2.4

Style Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

I applied, they called and you go into the HR offices on the last floor. Reception has you fill out short paperwork and you wait to be called. You speak to an HR for the department you applied for and then you speak to a manager of the department you applied for- If the HR thinks you are fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about fashion?   1 Answer

Style Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Ontario, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview was very easy going and casual. Definitely look the part and have an interest in the company. Know how to have a good conversation and show that you are confident and can chat to people in order to make good sales.

Interview Questions

• What were your past job experiences like?   1 Answer

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Started with an informational call, then she pushed my resume forward. After that, I had one call with HR and one with a buyer in the company. Then the HR representative called back to tell me I got the internship

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Tysons, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

The online portion was long and they ask you a bunch of questions not related to the job. The interview itself was pretty difficult and be ready to answer all questions. Make sure you research the company as they will ask you questions about the company. Make sure you are up to date on the fashion industry.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then met with HR in person, the final interview was with the hiring manager. Very efficient process, good communication on next steps and what was needed.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward- 1 phone interview HR, 1 interview hiring manager, 3 round interview- VP and senior manager. It wasn't a bad process. The questions were very general. The final interview is a presentation.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. A phone interview was arranged.

The recruiter was 10 minutes late for our call. She explained no specific position was available but they liked my resume and wanted to arrange an exploratory conversation. I confirmed my salary and title expectations.

The in person interview lasted 10 minutes. However, the conversation started with questions that have nothing to do with the conversation on hand: when did you graduate college (a question I believe is illegal in New York State as it tethers on the grounds for age-discrimination) and what was your gpa (I was not interviewing for an internship).

The interview ended with a referral to another area of the business to discuss specific positions.

The next day I received an email from another recruiter with a link to a specific position. The role appeared to be more junior than my current title. I reached out to my original recruiter for clarification on where this position would fit on the salary/title spectrum previously discussed. She advised she didn’t know and I should ask the new recruiter.

During our call, the new recruiter confirmed the role would not only be several steps down title-wise, but a $50k decrease in salary.

I would hope in the future:
    A) There is a specific position in mind before reaching out to a candidate. Especially after reviewing their resume.

B) The recruiters are more mindful of what positions they discuss with candidates. Especially “passive” candidates. Don’t reach out to someone who has a job to discuss a position that would send them back many steps in their career and in salary.

B) Hiring managers ask only appropriate questions relevant to the role(s) being discussed.

Everyone involved was pleasant. However, there are certainly opportunities for improvement.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through employee referral and was emailed by someone in HR for a phone interview. After the phone screening I was asked to do an in person interview with one of their buyers and that they would reach out to schedule. The interview in person interview itself was short and some-what unprofessional. Right off the bat, the woman interviewing me seemed unhappy, disinterested and as though she did not want to be there in general (which, maybe she didn't). It put a bad taste in my mouth regarding the office from the start. She seemed to be trying to just think of some of the interview questions off the script while we were in the room together so the whole interview seemed scattered and disjointed. I left feeling kind of confused and disappointed with the whole experience. The whole conversation took about 20 minutes and she showed me to the elevators saying they would just be in touch and rushed off. I never heard back from anyone at the company, which also seemed extremely unprofessional and unlike any experience I have had.

Sales Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Huntington, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (South Huntington, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview. Greeted by the Admin Asst. I interviewed with a senior executive and an offer was made at the end of the interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

I applied online. I then received an email to come in for an interview. The interview took 30 minutes. Then I was scheduled to come back in the same week to meet with the HR manager and the Store Manager. I got hired on the day of.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer