Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saks Fifth Avenue Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

Saks used to recruit at my school. Met the recruiters and had an interview shortly after when they returned to campus. After the interview I received and offer and accepted for last summer's program.

Interview Questions

• Mostly typical behavioral questions. One interviewer was more interested in my analytical experience and skills and the other asked more about my interests and even my favorite designer.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in June 2016.

Interview

Met with HR first, then Lead Merchandiser. At first I was nervous, but the HR rep and I had such an easy, organic conversation that I didn't even notice we had gone over our 30 minute meeting before meeting with the Lead Merchandiser. Both women were incredibly personable and friendly. The company decided to hire internally, but offered a different position. Though I declined, I am so grateful for the pleasant experience and truly enjoyed meeting the staff.

Interview Questions

• Honestly cannot remember a specific question; conversation began about the position and flowed naturally into a discussion about duties and skills requirements.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was contacted by HR to complete a phone interview. After the phone interview I was contacted to complete an in person interview.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to Saks 5/24/16 around 3am and received an email back from one location at 10am the same day for an over the phone interview from a talent acquisition recruiter Assael for the Brookfield store. The next day I also received an email from another talent acquisition recruiter from the 5th ave store. After interviewing with both stores (not sure if they knew) (I had applied to 4different location for different reasons), I felt good about the 5th ave location and not the Brookfield location. The 5th Ave interview was very nice and informative. The Brookfield one was blah and it felt like she was annoyed and having a bad day. Moving forward, Brookfield told me they will send my resume to the department for overnight merchandising stock I'm guessing which I didn't apply for and get back to me with an interview date if they like me. (I'm still waiting even after I emailed her..) As far as the 5th ave location, I spoke to 2 talent acquisition recruiters and they set me up to speak to talent acquisition coordinator for a time to come in and interview with the selling director for the floor I was interested in working on.

I was set up for an interview a week later with the selling director. The interview, in my opinion went well. I'm waiting now for them to get back to me, on weather or not I'm the candidate they want. Wish me luck🙌🙏!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company? Why do you like fashion? What are the names of some fashion designers? How do you maintain clients?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue in May 2016.

Interview

Long and draining. According to the recruiter typical things are done on the spot when opening a store however this situation was different. I met the recruiter charming lovely and jade me excited about possibly coming to company. I didn't mind waiting another month and a half for a second interview. The second interview was horrible the manager seemed uninterested and at times not even present. Then after 2and a half weeks of waiting I got and email of rejection for a position never discussed in the second interview at all.

Interview Questions

• The same generic questions. Why Saks fifth avenue, Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was friendly and informative and I came away with an good understanding of the store's expectations. I also got an understanding of Saks Management style and also the type of clothes I was supposed to wear on the selling floor. I believe that it helped my being offered a job because I was dressed both conservatively and in designer clothes, I believe my training in Public Relations helped them see me in the store.

Interview Questions

• If I enjoyed working with the public and on-the-spot problem solving.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process wasn't particularly a negation process. They told me the rate of a Commissioned Sales Associate and that my salary would go up according to my performance and numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed one to one interview, the manager is very nice and she asked few questions about me and what I think about Saks. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole interview process. But I didn't get the response yet.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work in Saks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (Golden, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called back the next day and the interview was set up for a week later. I got there about thirty minutes early and the hiring manager was extremely sweet to me and didn't ask me anything too difficult as she knew I didn't have any retail experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with Hr briefly. Then was rescheduled twice before meeting with store management. Honestly the first manager seemed almost annoyed to have to interview me. Even though I met all qualifications of the position and come from a lengthy retail background she seemed unimpressed. She was also late several times and did not prepare a room for our meeting ahead of time. Then I met with a second manager who was the total opposite and she changed my opinion on the company. She asked compelling questions about my strengths and weaknesses and I trusted that she would be a fair and trustworthy manager. Unfortunately shortly after I was hired she was transferred to another area which was another factor in my decision to leave the company.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people total. The process took about a week and the actual interviews took 2 days. I first interviewed with a recruiter, I then interviewed with the HR manger and 2 department mangers on day 1. On day 2 I interviewed with the store manger.

Interview Questions

• What were your annual sales with your previous employer?   Answer Question