Saks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Saks

2.4

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

This job is impossible to get unless you have a client book, very different from Macy's where you'd think customers from all over the world to shop. But they did offer me an opportunity in the shoe department.

Sr.NETwork Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Saks (Jackson, MS) in May 2008.

Interview

Took Months, Very Technical questions

Interview Questions

• How to control an attack on multiple switches at multiple locations within the switching firewall and security builtins.   Answer Question

Better offer at another company with more vertical movement.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks.

Interview

One interview. Asked generic interview questions about who you are, your experience, why you want to work at Saks Off Fifth. Had to perform simple task to assess ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Beauty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of HR and a Cosmetic Manager. It was a straightforward interview process. Nothing uncomfortable or silly...Saks is big on catering to your guest and building the relationship so be prepared to accept returns for ANYTHING, used underwear etc..... You will be asked how you build a relationship with your clients, your follow up process and how you notify clients about special events etc..

ASM Interview

Interview

It was a very short interview. The process was not made personal and very generic questions were asked. They wouldn’t have any idea of my capability from these questions

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

Accepted job from the saks hr recruiter who made the job sound wonderful and promised promotion and opportunity. She had not idea what she was talking about and was probably spinning whatever she thought I wanted to hear without knowing what the company offers in terms of promotion. She told me I would be readily promoted once entering. That is totally untrue, and the opposite happens here. They pride themselves on saks university but it is pretty lame and they still work on a dos program from the eighties.

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

HR doesn't really understand the job requirements. It really depends on who you will be working for directly. So in this instance the planner I interviewed was the person who decided if I got the job or not. In hindsight, I wished I passed on this job. The planner was very two-faced and threw me under the bus multiple times. Not worth the amount of stress this job gave me. Life is short, and it sucked my youth out of me.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick, gave all the details about the job and expectations. The manager had a few questions about my last position. Then the HR manager came in and explained the requirements and expectation of the employer.

Interview Questions

• How to handle situations with other coworkers   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saks in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus career portal. A couple of days later I had a 10 minute phone interview and then scheduled a time on campus. During the in person part, I talked to an HR person and a buyer. They tended to overlap on a lot of questions. The interview was pretty much all behavioral and fit.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saks (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

Mediocre, why do you want to work here. Hr called came in for interview. Then waited, spoke to dept manager and then the ASM and then the store manager and vendor

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to this brand? How good are you are selling? What is luxury   Answer Question