Saks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Digital Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY).

Interview

It was extremely inefficient and unprofessional. The HR lady failed in every sense with updating me on the candidacy and the follow up call and ignoring all my emails for two months when she was the first to say, "I will let you know."

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY).

Interview

Since this was an internal promotion it was fairly quick and easy. I was asked what I could bring to the new role and to describe my experiences as a Sr. Assistant Buyer. It lasted 10 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• What experiences can you bring to this new role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my salary.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saks in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus career portal. A couple of days later I had a 10 minute phone interview and then scheduled a time on campus. During the in person part, I talked to an HR person and a buyer. They tended to overlap on a lot of questions. The interview was pretty much all behavioral and fit.

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

This job is impossible to get unless you have a client book, very different from Macy's where you'd think customers from all over the world to shop. But they did offer me an opportunity in the shoe department.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saks (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense. Make sure you are well dressed and well prepared! I interviewed with four people including the store manager. I was asked questions about my attitude towards employees who have been there for a long time and how I would feel working with them as competition. I was also asked about my sales and how much did I think I could sale for the company.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saks in April 2015.

Interview

Over all good, they are always looking for string talent.
    Hight turn over rate so be patient if they miss you the first round -stay connected to HR
    Although, Some HR managers are better than others.

Interview Questions

• Overall basic questions,
      coaching, talent ect   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. It was a two day interview. I was refer by vendors that are in the store. Saks is an upgrade from Bloomingdales. Management is very understanding and they want to get to know you. I knew I was going to get hired because of my retail background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Saks?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saks (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed with the recruiter. Basic sales position interview. Same day, around 15-30 mins later I interviewed with possible manager right after. They both went over the basic aspects of Saks and the draw rate. Days later was offered position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a client book? Have you worked with a client book? Can you faciliate one? Are you able to be aggressive enough to make sales quotas?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saks.

Interview

One interview. Asked generic interview questions about who you are, your experience, why you want to work at Saks Off Fifth. Had to perform simple task to assess ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Beauty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saks (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of HR and a Cosmetic Manager. It was a straightforward interview process. Nothing uncomfortable or silly...Saks is big on catering to your guest and building the relationship so be prepared to accept returns for ANYTHING, used underwear etc..... You will be asked how you build a relationship with your clients, your follow up process and how you notify clients about special events etc..