Salem Keizer School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salem Keizer School District

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keizer, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salem Keizer School District (Keizer, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

The principal and the head of library assistant services asked several standard questions in 30 minutes. They were very pleasant but were not necessarily looking for someone super professional or anyone who could show they had great skills working with children. I think they just wanted someone they hoped would stay long-term.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if children misbehaved during library period?   Answer Question

Special Programs Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salem Keizer School District (Salem, OR).

Interview

After driving big bus for awhile you can apply for a special-needs bus driver position. The interview process is fairly simple they ask questions if you answer them correctly you become a special-needs bus driver if you miss one or two they tell you the answers but still let you drive

Interview Questions

• Would you buckle a child in a car seat without staff or parent present   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with special needs children   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salem Keizer School District.

Interview

It was a group interview with Principal, teachers and staff. It was rather relaxed with a round table of questions. Basic questions about how you would teach different subject areas.

Interview Questions

• What would a literacy block look like in your classroom?   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salem Keizer School District (Salem, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the special education teacher, vice principal, and principal. The process took around 30 minutes. I don't remember getting the was ahead of time but they made me feel comfortable. I remember they had a list of possible schedules available to choose from, not sure if that is common.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my supervisor and coworkers would describe me. Had me identify three adjectives that I would use to describe myself. Also asked how I would handle if I disagreed with the teacher about how they dealt with a student.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salem Keizer School District (Salem, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

Usually principal along with one or two teachers or administrators. Nearly hour long and questioners rotated questions. The process moved right along without much time to elaborate. If you are prepared, this process will show your strengths.

Interview Questions

• Usually have questions about content and flexibility with scheduling and staff assignments.   1 Answer

Spanish Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salem Keizer School District (Salem, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

I met the principal at a job convention for teachers at the convention center in Portland, Oregon. I had an informal meeting and conversation with her and her colleague. I didn't think much of the conversation until I received a voicemail several weeks later stating they were interested in holding a formal phone interview. I was working in the San Juan islands at the time and we scheduled a phone interview. She and the assistant principal called me and we had an hour long conversation. They were both incredibly friendly and supportive. They were interested in my experiences, skill set and my reason for being a Spanish teacher. They also allowed ample time for any question I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay scale for teachers is fairly straight forward. It is based on experience and education. My pay structure was set up for me when I was contacted by HR the day following my interview.