Salem Media Group Traffic Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Salem Media Group

2.0

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Columbus, OH).

Interview

One interview with the then GM; I had the experience (and software background) that they were looking for and the company appeared to be a fit for me. The interviewer and I seemed to be on the "same page."

Interview Questions

• once I was hired, found out change of organization that I would be reporting to someone that I had not interviewed with (would not have accepted position working with the individual)   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations; should get in writing plan for reviews, promotions, and pay raises

Other Interview Reviews for Salem Media Group

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Richmond, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the Director of Human Resources to set up a time to speak with her. The phone conversation consisted of typical interview questions providing more information regarding your employment history and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position. The phone conversation lasted about 20 minutes and I was informed at the end of the conversation that she wanted to move me along in the interview process and have me speak with the VP of Advertising.

A week later I met with the VP of Advertising in person at the Richmond office, and it was the oddest interview I have ever had. I thought I was on a hidden camera show and someone was going to run out and tell me everything was a joke. He never directed any questions to me and instead only rambled about himself and how unsure he was about how he was going to divide responsibilities in regards to the position or how the person was going to be trained. He also said for me to work for Salem Web Network, I had to enjoy having FoxNews being broadcasted over the televisions in the office daily because Salem is a very conservative company and so is FoxNews. I didn't know being Christian and being a FoxNews fanatic were hand in hand? I guess Christians who watch MSNBC aren't really Christian?? I was also informed they don't tolerate cursing in the office or yelling. Isn't that common sense and standard behavior for a company? The whole time I was wondering what the heck I got myself into.

After my interview I never followed up because of my very odd experience with the VP. Since Richmond is a very tight knit community I quickly found out from former employees about the toxic environment in the office. Even though the company is a Christian company, many of the upper level management's actions do not match the values. The pay grade is also extremely low for the area.

Please read the reviews for their parent company Salem Communications. The environment is the same for Salem Web Network.

Interview Questions