SalesLoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Regional Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

SalesLoft conducts the most comprehensive and thoughtful interview process I've ever encountered. Their process digs much deeper into not only your professional background, but your values and culture fit, in a way that demonstrates a strong commit to ensuring they find the right candidates. I walked away feeling highly confident that I had gotten to know the company and culture much more deeply than I've ever known another organization through a similar process. Furthermore, I felt assured that if we both felt like I was a truly a good fit for the team, that we were both probably right.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your academic (starting in college) and professional history, with an emphasis on *why* you made the decisions you did.   1 Answer

Emerging Account Executive Interview

Interview

I respect their interview process because they really care about the company culture and vetting people out. This company truly follows their values and walks the walk. They have an amazing company culture and every single person I met truly seems passionate and motivated by each other. This company really is one of the best places to work and I saw why. You will truly personally and professionally develop by joining this company.

First round includes a conversation with a recruiter, second round is a test similar to a CCAT or a Wonderlick to see your personality, third round is a presentation to showcase your presenting and sales skills, fourth round is a behavioral interview followed by a peer interview and followed by a core values interview, fifth round is a final behavorial interview with your manager to be and final questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you struggled in your career and what did you learn   Answer Question

Client Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SalesLoft in March 2020.

Interview

It was a typical interview process, the recruiter screened me first, asking some questions surrounding my previous work history and why I applied to Salesloft, etc. The 2nd interview was a video interview with 2 Support Managers. Overall, it was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If we were to contact your current Manager today, what would be the top 3 traits he would tell us about you?   Answer Question
    • How do you learn best?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft in March 2020.

Interview

I can genuinely say that I enjoyed every step of this process. The recruiters are so intentional, as is the way that the process is designed. They move very quickly, without sacrificing thoroughness to find the best fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Which of the core values do you feel resonates most with you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very well executed. You can tell this is a wonderful sales organization because their interview process is like an excellent sales process. Everything they do is for a reason, and they are extremely open and transparent about what is coming, and why it is coming. As you go through the process, you see why their employees are so happy and the culture is so strong because this interview process will not allow someone to slip through.

Interview Questions

• They have multiple layers that will change with candidates.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft.

Interview

This was a rigorous interview process that really challenged me to come to terms with my strengths and weaknesses and resultingly gave me a great sense of whether I could be successful in the role. While there were a number of steps, areas of focus, and a variety of interviewers over the course of 5-6 weeks, the entire SalesLoft team was incredibly accommodating and I could tell that they wanted me to be as successful as possible in each interaction.

Expectations were set clearly at each step of the process, I had good clarity on how to prepare, and everyone was responsive throughout.

There was heavy focus on whether I had the skills/experience/aptitude for the role but there was an equal emphasis on cultural fit as well. Several of the interviews dove deep on how I would align with the core values of the organization and what my leadership/management philosophies are.

The interview process included a topgrade interview which reviews your entire work history and your college experience (if applicable), team interviews, executive interviews, and meetings with employees throughout almost each department in the org.

Each interview delved into different topics.

Interview Questions

• Describe your hiring strategy and how you partner across the organization to achieve it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

It starts with you talking about your career history. My favorite was the process with Core Values - they make sure that you will be a GREAT cultural fit for them. They take a ton of pride in the type of organization that they are and what they believe in. So critical. So important for a company to succeed. It starts within and I am sure that if you are not a good fit culturally and are aligned with their values, that is pretty much it, regardless of what your level of expertise is. The process in itself has similarities with other experiences but it is very unique how much they focus on "what" they are made of - this is a company who talks about serving - different to the typical "collaborating" description - and it shows: as a candidate, during the process, and now as a hire. Super nice and friendly group. Very organized and excellent following up with you.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when you are being successful? What are you passionate about? How do you receive criticism the best?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

The Interview process was extremely professional and positive in my experience. I was notified regularly in great detail what was expected of me and what my next steps in the process looked like.

I started with a phone interview through one of SalesLoft's recruiters. He asked about my past experience and provided great insight as to what the team was looking for in a new product designer.

Once finished, I was notified to schedule a second phone interview with the Director of Product Design. She was very thoughtful in the questions she had asked and really cared about my background and how I transitioned into Product Design.

I was then invited in for an in-person interview. This process took about two and a half hours, but the team made sure my time there was very comfortable and positive. I felt very comfortable answering and asking questions. Throughout the interview, I met with other product designers on the team, as well as SalesLoft employees who I would be cross collaborating with in this role.

For my final portion of this process, I interviewed via video call with the VP of Product Design. He inquired more about my own background and why I was interested in Salesloft. He made it easy to explain why I thought I would be a good fit for the team and to get better acquainted with me before a final decision had been made.

Everyone I had interacted with was very positive and genuinely wanted to learn more about me and my goals. The atmosphere there is high with positive energy.

Interview Questions

• One that was asked repeatedly throughout each portion: Why SalesLoft?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SalesLoft (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a four step process consisting of an initial phone call, comprehension and personality tests, a video interview and mock cold call, and finally an in person interview. They give you very clear and positive instructions that guide and motivate you through the process. They are very thorough because they want to make sure they are hiring capable individuals who mesh with the company culture!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SalesLoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The entires process was professional and fast. They explained every step very clearly, were flexible with when I needed to interview, and the process start to finish was around a week. Everyone truly cared about answering my questions and made it feel like a two way street, they were interviewing me but I was also interviewing them. I was so impressed with the people I talked to, that it made me even more confident in my decision.

Interview Questions

SalesLoft Response

Jan 21, 2020 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the team! We can't wait to see the incredible impact you make as a Lofter!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SalesLoft.

Interview

Like most SaaS based companies diversity in Sales* is nonexistent or at the bare minimum. This company is no different, by entertaining and hiring candidates that look and act similar to the majority of their employees. It’s felt and evident throughout the whole interview process. Unfortunately, it starts at the top. If you’re white and drink the SalesLoft cool-aide, you have a great chance.

Interview Questions

SalesLoft Response

Jan 21, 2020 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to interview with SalesLoft and for your interest in our sales team. We appreciate your candid feedback about your experience. We take pride in our significant commitment to Diversity & Inclusion and we are sorry that it was not apparent during your interview with us. We wish you the best of luck in your search, and please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have additional feedback.

-Carly Jones, VP, Talent Acquisition