Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I don't believe the interview was too difficult. If you have sold SaaS before and can explain past success and failures you should be okay. Important to note, you will have to give a presentation and I heard from the recruiter and the team that many people read their presentation word for word.... please make sure you DONT do that.

Interview Questions

• What was one the deals you where most proud of?   1 Answer
  • Pitch CRM to a VP of sales   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet pretty straightforward: initial phone screen > phone interview with the sales recruiter > in person interviews with hiring managers > pitch, along with a final call with an SVP (depending on the team). Everyone was very welcoming, challenging, made me feel comfortable, provided great feedback + pitch prep materials to succeed and clearly outlined expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Being new to the industry, the hiring managers certainly dug into how I would bring value to the team/company with no industry experience. Acknowledging this challenge up front to show self awareness is key, then articulate how my own success/sales experience can directly help the team's growth.   2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, we scheduled an initial screening call. After that another call with a recruiter followed by a call with a local sales manager. First in-person interview was onsite discussing past experience and the final round was creating a presentation to give to hiring manager + senior leader. A bit of a long and winding process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to hit the ground running in your first 30 days?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very smooth process. Recruiters were extremely transparent with me throughout. Debriefs were informative. The best recruiters I have worked with.

Interview consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter. One phone screen with a hiring manager. A 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finally, a panel presentation.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Apr 27, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone on Glassdoor! It's great to read that our recruiters are the best you've encountered. Congrats on your new role and welcome to the #SalesforceOhana ... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a phone screening with one recruiter. After we established I was qualified and I was interested in the position we scheduled a phone interview with another recruiter. I then had a phone call with a sales manager for about a hour which led to a panel interview with two sales managers. The final step of the interview process was a presentation I ran for four sales managers in person at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your deals with your current role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brilliant!! It was very different from the conventional, it was complete test of one's abilities and proving them with confidence. Enjoyed it a lot, not only did they support the candidate with the interview process, they also got me prepared for the job. Haven't experienced this level of wonderful recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Know what you have done and exuberate with confidence!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially spoke with a recruiter who did a great job of getting my buy in with the company. It followed up with a phone interview with one of the managers which lead to an on site interview. They made me feel comfortable through the steps and the final stage was a sales presentation which gives the opportunity to control a room as well as display personality. Long process but overall great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job and why Salesforce?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. In fact, when it was all said and done, I had 3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews, and a final google hangout interview. Although the process was extensive, my recruiter helped me feel prepared for every step of the way. It was the most challenging interview process I've been through but this is arguably the most competitive company to work for in the world. Each individual I interviewed with was very professional, challenging, and extremely intelligent. Ultimately, I did not get the job but they expressed that I was a fit for Salesforce and urged me to apply for a different position. Absolutely fell in love with this company throughout the interview stages and was in constant admiration at how helpful and brilliant the employees were. I applied for the other position, was offered, and accepted. Can't wait to join the OHANA.

Interview Questions

• Whats a previous deal you've closed and why are you proud of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Do not get underestimate the phone screen. I've never had an issue advancing past the phone screen stage of any previous job interview and was well prepared. However, the recruiter seemed to check out after I gave what I thought was a well thought out answer to the standard "tell me about yourself" question. My recruiter cancelled my first phone screen 15 minutes before the scheduled start time than didn't seem to engaged when we did finally connect.
    I had always thought phone screens were a bit of a formality to make sure the candidate was at least somewhat intelligent before bringing them in for the in-person interview but that's not the case here. I spoke to a former colleague that's in management there and he told me that all 5 people that he referred didn't get past the phone screen.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through Salesforce 02/25/17, got a screening phone call from a recruiter on 03/15/2017, and an email on 03/21/2017 saying he would have "feedback" as far as next steps on 03/22/2017 "at the very latest. Called and emailed and no response. This is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue do you generate with each deal? How much is 100% attainment? What attainment did you achieve?   1 Answer

Salesforce Response

Apr 27, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing this experience with Glassdoor. I've communicated this review with the appropriate recruiting team to make sure we flag this issue and continue to improve. It's disappointing ... More