Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.5

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough. Seven rounds from first phone interview to last executive interview. Presentations included where I had to act out a pitch to a panel of three managers. They really get to know your personality and want to see how well you can pitch their product.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever used Salesforce or any other CRM before.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, but entirely reasonable and relatively fast given the number of stages. The recruiters are prompt and helpful. The conversations were two-way and each stage builds on the prior so ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of left field. Why Salesforce? What do you think the biggest challenge to the role will be?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screening with recruiter. 40 minute phone minute interview with hiring manager. Then asked to come in to do a role play with hiring manager, VP, and another manager.This process took roughly 2 months until I received the offer. The only feedback I would add is that I hoped to speak with an Account Executive on the hiring managers team which did not happen.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview with a Regional Manager. Unfortunately the manger was 10 minute late to the call and rushed through questions, very non engaging. Was hoping a company like Salesforce would have more professional hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

As a part of the interview process I was asked to 6 individuals, all of which were roles that I would need to work with in order to be successful at Salesforce, as one individual who recently went through the onboarding process in the last year. Each individual was VERY candid in the information they shared. I learned the challenges and opportunities to succeed at Salesforce. I greatly appreciated the transparency. My final interview as the "stand and deliver" which is a role play of presenting to the C-Suite. It was a good exercise, but also taught me areas as I begin to work at Salesforce to really focus on for further refinement.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

This was a very positive experience with a smooth process, from initial contact to offer. Everything was straightforward and all of the resources to be successful were readily available. Started with a phone screen, followed by a google hangout interview, followed by an in-person pitch and subsequent in-person interview. The pitch was a great exercise--I had a lot of fun with the process.

Interview Questions

• What would a previous supervisor say about the way you worked with them, as your greatest opportunity for growth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Began with an HR screening call and then an hour long in person interview of which the first 30 minutes is a sales presentation. I heard back from HR with my job offer that same day. Very efficient and professional process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a fit for the specific role and Salesforce as a whole.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Great process. The recruiting staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. A recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin and after the initial screening, I spoke with a hiring manager on the phone for a 30 minute interview. Then I was invited to do an in-person interview at the San Francisco office and after was asked to return for the final round to do a sales presentation about a deal I had close at my prior company. The whole experience was challenging yet personal; I recommend anyone who is thinking about applying to give it a shot.

Interview Questions

• First in-person interview was what they called a "Chronological Interview" where we literally went year by year on my resume and had a discussion about the roles, experience and how it would lend itself to experience with Salesforce. Lots of questions on prospecting techniques and if you understand the entire sales cycles and account life cycle. Also, they want to see if you can work in teams; a question I had from the VP was "Give an example of how you are a great team player?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and we had a 30-minute call, followed by another 30-minute call with the correct recruiter for the specific team I was interviewing for. I then spoke with my direct manager for 30 minutes via a video call, my manager's manager for 30 minutes, and also a peer on my future team for 30 minutes via a video call. They then flew me out to give a mock sales presentation. The following week I had an offer. 4 weeks from first call w/ a recruiter to an offer letter. Their offer was higher than I was looking for in the market, so there was no negotiation needed.

Interview Questions

• How is Salesforce CRM different than MSCRM? Why are we more expensive? Can we get a trial of Salesforce CRM? What is the Marketing Cloud? What is Salesforce built on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. Had 2 phone interviews with recruiters. Then had phone interviews with the hiring manager and 2 other sales manger. Also a phone interview with a current Senior AE on the team. Final step was a live role play interview onsite at the HQ. All of the interviews and the role play scenario were very well planned out and quite effective. gave me a good feel for the company and role as well as provide them with a ton of information on myself.

Interview Questions

• What am I most proud of in my life and /or career   1 Answer