Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The overall process went very smoothly and the two in-person interviews were conducted within 6 business days. The recruiting staff was very helpful in aiding with preparation for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were knocked on your heels because something did not go as planned and you had to think quickly. How did it turn out?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Began with a 30 minute introductory call with the recruiter. Then I had another 30 minute call with the hiring manager. I was asked to create a 30 minute presentation and come in for the formal interview. I was interviewed by the VP and two regional managers for about 45 minutes then presented a "Why Salesforce" presentation based upon the case study that was provided.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I don't believe the interview was too difficult. If you have sold SaaS before and can explain past success and failures you should be okay. Important to note, you will have to give a presentation and I heard from the recruiter and the team that many people read their presentation word for word.... please make sure you DONT do that.

Interview Questions

• What was one the deals you where most proud of?   1 Answer
    • Pitch CRM to a VP of sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet pretty straightforward: initial phone screen > phone interview with the sales recruiter > in person interviews with hiring managers > pitch, along with a final call with an SVP (depending on the team). Everyone was very welcoming, challenging, made me feel comfortable, provided great feedback + pitch prep materials to succeed and clearly outlined expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Being new to the industry, the hiring managers certainly dug into how I would bring value to the team/company with no industry experience. Acknowledging this challenge up front to show self awareness is key, then articulate how my own success/sales experience can directly help the team's growth.   2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, we scheduled an initial screening call. After that another call with a recruiter followed by a call with a local sales manager. First in-person interview was onsite discussing past experience and the final round was creating a presentation to give to hiring manager + senior leader. A bit of a long and winding process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to hit the ground running in your first 30 days?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very smooth process. Recruiters were extremely transparent with me throughout. Debriefs were informative. The best recruiters I have worked with.

Interview consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter. One phone screen with a hiring manager. A 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finally, a panel presentation.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Apr 27, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone on Glassdoor! It's great to read that our recruiters are the best you've encountered. Congrats on your new role and welcome to the #SalesforceOhana ... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a phone screening with one recruiter. After we established I was qualified and I was interested in the position we scheduled a phone interview with another recruiter. I then had a phone call with a sales manager for about a hour which led to a panel interview with two sales managers. The final step of the interview process was a presentation I ran for four sales managers in person at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your deals with your current role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brilliant!! It was very different from the conventional, it was complete test of one's abilities and proving them with confidence. Enjoyed it a lot, not only did they support the candidate with the interview process, they also got me prepared for the job. Haven't experienced this level of wonderful recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Know what you have done and exuberate with confidence!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially spoke with a recruiter who did a great job of getting my buy in with the company. It followed up with a phone interview with one of the managers which lead to an on site interview. They made me feel comfortable through the steps and the final stage was a sales presentation which gives the opportunity to control a room as well as display personality. Long process but overall great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job and why Salesforce?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred, had an initial screening with the internal recruiter for the role followed by an interview with two hiring managers. My final interview was a stand and deliver that included both in person and remote members of the team. The stand and deliver involved putting together a 20 minute presentation based on a company they provided. Preparation is key! There are so many resources online so use them! The recruiter was extremely kind and on top of things. He communicated throughout the entire process and it was by far the best recruitment process I have ever been through. They are also very respectful of your time, which was greatly appreciated as I had a full time job while interviewing like many do. From start to finish, the process took around two weeks. My advice is to prepare as much as possible, do your homework and put the effort into the presentation - don't wing it! The presentation is extremely important and they are really appreciative if you put the time in.

Interview Questions

• If you had to start with one solution for the client you are presenting to, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Why Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question
    • What is a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How would your current boss describe you?   Answer Question