Salesforce Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

3.5

189 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, then interview with a VP, then onsite final presentation. The final presentation was the most difficult because it required me to role play as if I was pitching the marketing cloud to a prospective customer. Best advice: spend a week prepping for the final presentation, go online and do the trailblazer modules on the product you are supposed to be selling. You can save the basic questions for the recruiter, focus on the deeper questions for the bigger interviews. If you can ask good questions, that will show your ability to do discovery. the presentation requires a bit of discovery, demonstrates engagement every step of the way with the customer, closes straight from the beginning on next steps, and should be the beginning of laying the foundation for the business case you will be building for your client.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Multi stage process that starts with a recruiter and ends with a presentation. Very systematic and they give you all you need to successfully interview; including the recruiter doing a dry run of your presentation with you.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager say you can improve on?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Salesforce recruiters are very professional and very communicative. I was always getting updates on next steps in the process and who I would be talking to in interviews. Recruiters also prep me for onsite presentations. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you target your territory? How are you finding names of people to contact? How do you handle objections?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I felt like it was very easy, quick and transparent. Spoke with HR, Hiring Manager, went in for an in person interview, then came back for the pitch phase, and then got the offer! I so far love everyone that I have met!

Interview Questions

• My experience selling, how to work with customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the the recruiter, phone screen with the hiring manager, phone screen with a team member, phone screen with another manager, and then on-site presentation and interview with three of the team managers.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took about 5 weeks in total. I had 2 phone calls with recruiters, an in-person interview, a video interview, and a final in-person presentation/role play. The internal recruiter I worked with with extremely helpful throughout the entire process! Great experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four rounds:

1. Initial phone screening
    2. Interview with a recruiter
    3. Interview with the RVP
    4. Presentation/interview with the RVP & AVP

Everyone involved along the way was very easy to talk to, had good insight, and genuinely seemed to enjoy what they did. The recruiter I worked with did an outstanding job preparing me for each round of interviews (use yours as a resource as much as possible).

Interview Questions

• Each interview closely examined your work history, how you've performed, what your process looks like, why you do things a certain way, why Salesforce, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

This interview process was very direct, fast moving and professional. - The Salesforce team was enjoyable to work with, while extremely motivated to make a decision, while not leaving the candidate in the dark.

Interview Questions

• What could have you done to increase the sales price on a previous deal that you won?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Well organized, timely, thought provoking, transparent and genuine. Explored areas regarding business acumen, experiences, and alignment to SalesForce culture. Coordinator described and assisted with preparation, scheduling and follow up regarding next steps. Interviewed provide context to role and responsibilities and challenges .

Interview Questions

• What would current managers description of your work style be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The entire process was thorough and concise. They definitely have intervening down to a science. I really appreciated prep and tips from the internal recruiter who helped me. Overall a great experience that made me sure that the job was the right fit for me!

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • What is a question that we haven't asked, that you would want to ask yourself if you were interviewing yourself.   Answer Question