Salesforce Account Executive SMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

3.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a 6-round interview process. Step 1 - speak with recruiter. Ashley, who is wonderful, then sent very detailed information as to what I should prepare for in my second round with the hiring manager. This was enormously helpful so I could adequately prepare. Step 2 - speak with hiring manager. This was a very conversational interview which is important given the role I was interviewing for. Conversation flowed very nicely and it was much more revealing about the role than the standard, question/answer type of interview. Step 3 - speak with 3 other members on the non-profit team. These conversations were more informal and really gave me a good sense of the kinds of people that work here (awesome!). Step 4 - 30-minute presentation interview. I was given a case study one week prior to this interview to prepare as well as a 40-slide power point deck from which I was to pull my own slides and make my own presentation. Keep it to a 10-12 slide max! The case study clearly outlined the process and went exactly according to plan. All in all, SalesForce is a well oiled machine and the process was effective, informative and enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle objections in a meeting with several stakeholders?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

SMB Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had the first interview with an inbound recruiter. She did not know much about the position at all but asked me tons of questions. They wanted numbers all numbers.

Interview Questions

• What is your quota? What did you earn? (Basically to see if you overachieved)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through a series of phone screens with 3 different recruiters and 2 different regional sales managers totaling 5 calls (all before meeting a human face-to-face!). All were quite straightforward and lasted no more than 30 minutes. The panel interview (on site), was slightly over an hour and covered a thorough chronological interview of my experiences and my reasoning for each career decision.

Interview Questions

• If you could ask only 3 questions during an initial prospect meaning, what would they be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The entire process was very well done and incredibly thorough. My recruiter was present the entire time and helped me along the process.

The interview questions and demanding nature led me to believe (which was later confirmed) that the team really does value the ability to add to a corporate culture, not just the bottom line.

I enjoyed the experience and was fortune enough to be offered a position. Really is a well run program and one I'm excited to join.

Interview Questions

• Describe a business deal that closed along with the hurdles, solutions and outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with hiring managers in the Mid-Market and SMB groups, followed up by a phone call with a recruiter. After that I was brought in for an in person panel interview and a mock presentation. The panel interview was pretty straightforward - recap of the resume, getting an idea of my sales process, methodology, and approach, and understanding who I was as a person, where I wanted to go in life, and why I was interested in Salesforce. The mock presentation was a sample discovery session where I was positioning the Sales Cloud product. The one big thing I took away was to come almost overprepared: I spent a ton of time researching the company, the position, reading reviews like this one, and reaching out to people I knew within Salesforce. That last point is key and what really helped me gain a firm understanding of not only what they were looking for, but how well I would fit within the company. In the sales organization the main things they're looking for are emotional intelligence (being able to read the people in the room and adjust based on their response), business acumen (true consultative selling - it's not about the product, it's about the people in the room, the company strategy, and how they relate to their customers), and preparation / organization. They'll give you a decent amount of prep material / help, but they want to see you for who you are - be unique and show your personality, but show you can follow the guidelines too. There's a reason they're one of the top sales organizations in the world - they have it figured out and you can benefit from that expertise.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a sale you closed last year from start to finish.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out for phone interview. Had a cordial chat and explore my resume, he politely declined my application as I was not from the industry. He also took time to explain that it is because they are looking for a specific role and asked me to apply for more generic role

Interview Questions

• How would you over come the gap of being from outside the industry? Do you think you can overcome this disadvantage?   Answer Question

Account Executive SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online through SFDC website. Was contacted by their internal recruiter and setup a phone screen. The recruiter was very nice and we basically discussed my background and experiences and why I'm looking to work for SFDC..pretty typical initial phone screen.

2nd step - Had a call with one of the sales managers for the SMB team. Very nice guy and discussed a lot about my background again, sales processes, and the types of companies and deal sizes I've sold to in the past.

3rd step - face to face interview with the SMB manager I would be working for. Again, here went very throughly through my resume, how I prospect to find new business, types of decision makers Ive sold to, etc.. went really into detail about everyone on my resume

4th and final step - Presentation to group of sales managers within the SMB team.

Word of ADVICE - Don't interview with SFDC unless you can be referred from someone internally.. This is the typical "good ol boy" environment here. I ended up not receiving an offer because they went with someone internally, which is fine by me. However, when you tell someone they didn't get the job because they didn't have enough experience selling CRM cloud solutions and selling to VP's of Sales that I wouldn't be as strong as a fit... Well then I think we could've figured that out on our FIRST original call, rather than bringing me through the ringer and wasting ALL Of MY TIME just so you can go with a candidate you already predetermined.. My guess is the because SFDC is a big company now, they prob have to go through certain protocols and procedures and that they need to interviews X amount external candidates before they can move forward with the person they had in mind the whole time.

Oh and one more thing. During my 3rd step, which was face to face with the sales manager, he asked me how I got the interview and I told him I applied online... His jaw basically dropped to the floor and said "wow" most people get referred from another employee.

I would only recommend applying to SFDC if you can be referred internally

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

First stage was an introduction call with the hiring partner Jane who was incredibly friendly and helpful through the whole process. Then a quick fire 3 * 20 minute interview with 3 managers which was a new concept to me but quite interesting. It certainly keeps you from getting to comfortable in the interviews. This was followed by a group interview and presentation and finally a meeting with the regional VP. Overall a positive and fast process with very clear next steps and the team were transparent the whole way through.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 hiring cycles including
    - a first one for the BDR role in 3 stages involving 1h call with recruiter, 1h interview/role play with hiring managers, 1h live demo with hiring managers
    - a second one for the AE SMB role involving one 40min call with hiring manager then one live interview of 1h30 with sales director+RVP+CVP

Interview Questions

• Mostly about 2 business cases (1 from past experience + 1 equivalent at salesforce), why saleforce, ramp up 90 days, why me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a final presentation that they call interview in a panel. Basically the first phone call is from HR and the second one was with the sales department director.