Salesforce Accounts Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Accounts Executive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet pretty straightforward: initial phone screen > phone interview with the sales recruiter > in person interviews with hiring managers > pitch, along with a final call with an SVP (depending on the team). Everyone was very welcoming, challenging, made me feel comfortable, provided great feedback + pitch prep materials to succeed and clearly outlined expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Being new to the industry, the hiring managers certainly dug into how I would bring value to the team/company with no industry experience. Acknowledging this challenge up front to show self awareness is key, then articulate how my own success/sales experience can directly help the team's growth.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a screening interview, followed by two interviews with the recruiter. Then I two face to face interviews with the hiring manager and Area VP. The first was a standard interview, the second was a presentation format.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly straight forward process that started with a coffee meeting, phone screen, panel interview, presentation and a final phone interview with someone from HQ. Each conversation was professional and Salesforce rep was prepared and engaged throughout the meeting. The presentation was a case study and a Power Point deck that I presented to 3 folks who role played a CEO, COO and internal champion.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a complex sales cycle and how do you manage each variable   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

One initial call with recruiter, another call with a recruiter who covered a specific vertical, one on-site interview per organization, and one final presentation to the organizations that were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a deal you lost within the last year and how you would have handled it differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Began with phone conversation with recruiter to assess experience and fit, then had 1 on 1 with sales manager and then went through role play presentation with a few sales managers. Recruiter was very helpful and transparent throughout the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process at Salesforce was a great experience as I worked quite closely with their Marketing Cloud recruiting staff. Their primary recruiter was incredibly knowledgeable of the overall
    marketplace and the big picture opportunity at Salesforce. While the hiring process took several months, the relationship I developed with their Marketing Cloud Recruiter played a key role in my decision to join Salesforce and the Retail EBU team.

Interview Questions

• I spoke with five sales leaders from the Retail EBU and then conducted a live Stand & Deliver which was heavily weighted in the overall hiring process. So your ability to understand their value prop and ability to sell their overall marketing solution will be a sink or swim event. Hard questions were asked throughout that Stand & Deliver. The sales leadership is acutely focused about seeing if you can establish business rapport and display marketing expertise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well-structured and expectations were detailed in advance by the recruiter of what was required and what the hiring managers were looking for. The positive feedback I received from the opportunities for in-person panel interview and subsequent meeting to do a mock presentation were consistent that I could carry a room and address each person appropriately, Intelligently and genuinely and that I asked relevant and insightful questions. I was also told that I didn't falter when thrown a curveball question or when my technology (for my presentation) didn't work. When i asked about other candidates they interviewed and why they chose me, they said being able to work in a collaborative environment was critical (i.e. the ability to not only get along, but be productive with everyone). The drawbacks they could see with other candidates is they were performers in their current role, but not sure they would be able to work with others as effectively as they needed to be.

I enjoyed the people I got to meet during the interview process and will be working alongside. They seemed driven, committed to their own success, and very personable.

One of the reasons why I accepted the offer is because I wanted to be on a rocketship from a technology standpoint and have limitless options of where I could go professionally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (walk me through your resume)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding a sales opportunity with Salesforce. I was excited to hear from the recruiter and initially the recruiter was very informative, transparent and helpful throughout the process. I was pretty happy in my current role at the time but was definitely interested in pursuing a potential opportunity with Salesforce, should it be the right fit.

After my initial 2 phone interviews they brought me in to have an in-person interview. I felt as though the interview went pretty well, although the 3 Managers interviewing me were somewhat arrogant throughout the 2 hour interview. After the interview was complete, they indicated that they were in the process of interviewing many candidates however they would be in touch regarding next steps. After 3 separate follow up emails to the individual Managers and 3 follow up emails to the recruiter, I heard zero response. This was absolutely surprising to me given the Salesforce 'Ohana' culture they preach, I did not expect for no one to have the decency to even follow up with me after the interview, especially since they were the ones that initially reached out to me. I thought Salesforce was better than this. This was a huge turnoff to me as a candidate, it is the little things in the interview process that go an extremely long way and even if the right opportunity came along for me in the future, I would not consider interviewing again.

Salesforce Response

Feb 14, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I make it a point to regularly look into these reviews and communicate any areas of concern back to my recruiting leadership team. It's disappointing to learn ... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of Interviews. First with 2 groups and then a presentation for 5 people. Everyone was really really supportive. The recruiter was fantastic and we did a dry run. If you enjoy selling and creating decks ( I do) this should work out pretty well. Preparation is key to any interview and they really appreciate it if you do your homework. Great experience overall. As with the presentation deck, I would recommend go with your instincts and not focus too much on the case study. Use it as a foundation but run your meeting as you would.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Describe how you would break into a new company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was the most comprehensive process I have ever encountered. The recruiting manager was amazing! She kept me in the loop every step of the way. After every one of the seven interviews I was given feedback that allowed me to know where I stood and how I could improve.

Interview Questions

• How would I work with Account Executives that didn't have the time to work with me.   1 Answer