Salesforce BDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce BDR Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Several phone calls and in house interviews. The process was quick and easy with clear lines of communication. during the process I talked to multiple people, none of which were intimidating or daunting. I could tell after a couple calls I wanted to work with these people! While there were some tough questions, I just answered honestly and was myself. There is no BS, you will work closely with people so I think recruiters main purpose is to make sure you can collaborate with others and be a productive addition to the given team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through an employee referral, had two phone screenings with recruiters, had an onsite interview where I met with 2 BDRs and then 3 managers.
    Everyone was very professional. The recruiter called when she said she would and I got feedback/offer shortly after the interview. The managers could have been more warm but I understand that it is an interview. Meeting with the BDRs before the managers was very helpful, I got a lot of my questions about day-to-day responsibilities answered and I felt like they were very sincere.

Interview Questions

• Mock cold call with prompt
      Quota related questions - what my goals were, how often did I hit them, how did I measure against co-workers.
      How do I plan on being successful at SF   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview / review with the recruiter. After this call, I was set up to speak over the phone with the hiring manager. I then was contacted by the recruiter saying that the next step would be an onsite interview after the holidays. After Christmas, an onsite was coordinated. During the onsite, I had 3 different interviews one which was with my hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How could I use my past experience to be successful in the BDR role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR the very next day. That week I had three phone interviews and was invited in for an in person one too. The process moves very fast and Salesforce handles everything promptly and professionally. I was REALLY impressed! Great experience all around.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Overall, the experience went great. You have to put in the work and prep but once you do you will walk in feeling prepared. I worked with Meg as my recruiter and she was very attentive to my emails/questions throughout the process. There is lots of information to prepare for, but I feel that is a positive as they want to hire the best and most prepared candidates!
    There was an initial call with a recruiter for HQ, then another call with the recruiter at the local office, followed by an on-site interview where you meet two managers and two current BDRs.
    Overall, the interview experience was quite positive. Come prepared and show what sets you apart!

Interview Questions

• Explain Salesforce to a grandparent
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

was very straightforward. They give you all the material you need to prepare. One phone screen and one in-person interview. They move pretty quickly on their decisions. Make sure you can give clear and concise answers about why you want to work at Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• What made you successful at your last job, where did you rank, explain your sales process, explain how you would approach a new set of accounts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in April 2019.

Interview

The process started with a standard phone screen. I advanced to the presentation stage with the BDR director and my team manager. Preparation is key- make sure you walk through your presentation before presenting.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you were able to de-escalate a situation with your team mates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2018.

Interview

I studied for nearly 2 WEEKS for my in person interview, learning everything I could about the products I was supposed to know and what information to know about Salesforce. I believe the interview process was very confusing and was not presented to me in a good manner. I was sent a list of questions to study and know in preparation for this interview. By the time I was done filling them out, I had nearly 13 pages worth of material...On top of these questions you have to put a 10 minute presentation together showing your knowledge on these products. I was more than willing to do all of this and came extremely prepared for the interview, however, during the interview I literally was asked maybe 2 questions off the prep sheet I was sent. I first met with 2 people who are currently in the role and was under the assumption that I basically had to interview with them first before I could move onto the panel interview, but they were just there for me to ask them questions about the job, which again was not made clear during the prep. Additionally, I was asked almost 0 questions about what Salesforce is/does and instead was hammered with questions about my current job and me trying to sell myself as to why they should pick me. Again, I had no issues with that, however, I had literally spent 2 weeks on product knowledge and these prep questions and was never asked about virtually any of the material as it relates to Salesforce. At the end of the interview I had asked what next steps were, what to expect etc. One of the last things one of the managers said to me before the in person interview was done was that "Statistically speaking, it is harder to get a job at Salesforce than it is to get into Harvard", which I didn't feel was appropriate or necessary to say. It made me feel like I was just treated like a number and that I wasn't being taken seriously. If you are applying to a company as large or well known as Salesforce, you should already have an idea of how difficult it is to be hired there. I was also told I would hear back within a week at the latest if I had an offer or not and I ended up not hearing back for 27 days. This was extremely nerve racking and hope it was just a lack of internal communication and doesn't happen to someone else!

In the end I was offered the position so all of the inconvenience did pay off, but my advice to anyone else who is looking to apply is to not over prepare, make sure you can fully speak to your sales abilities, your metrics at your current job and why they should hire you over someone else.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and very relaxed. I met with three individuals on the BDR team before meeting with the hiring manager. Everyone was very friendly and the environment was incredibly inclusive. Not to mention, the office is incredible

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in joining this specific sector of our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was quick and simple. Everyone was energetic and excited about the entire process. Quick to respond to your emails and inquiries as well as very informative about the position and culture the you are going to be a part of. They were very focused on if the culture would be a good fit for you and if you are a good fit for their culture. But through the entire process they made you feel welcomed and excited for the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?   1 Answer
    • What does success mean for a BDR?   1 Answer